- 1 1.1(nerve/wire/wound)to expose something
tosomething1.2 (subject) Ver ejemplos:to expose something/somebody (exponer algo aalgo tosomething)the soldiers were exposed to dangerexponer a algo/alguien ( aalgo)to expose oneself to criticism/ridicule/dangerlos soldados se vieron expuestos al peligroexponerse a las críticas/al ridículo/al peligroOraciones de ejemplo
- Their lack of knowledge and the context for much of the knowledge they are exposed to shapes their world.
- ‘We lived in the Mount Baker area so she could be exposed to diverse socioeconomic communities,’ said her father.
- Each day had something new for the children, exposing them to various knowledge inputs.
- 2 2.1(secret/scandal/crime)poner al descubiertosacar a la luz(inefficiency/weaknesses)2.2poner en evidencia(criminal/swindler)Oraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Suddenly he is exposed as just another coach.
- But just before 1.15 pm on Wednesday, the Prime Minister was exposed as either a liar or an incompetent.
- He was exposed as a man who thinks so little of the ethics of high office that he lobbied on ministerial letterhead to get his son off a traffic offence.
- Will the results of such an investigation even be exposed to public view?
- Losing the vote would not mean the end of his government, but would be an embarrassment and expose the fissures within the 20-party ruling coalition.
- An inclination to tyranny has seldom been so readily exposed by a public figure.
- 3 (Photography)Oraciones de ejemplo
- I mainly use the meter setting of 3200 at the camera to expose the film.
- In the traditional darkroom, a photographer makes a print by projecting light through the original piece of film, which exposes the paper.
- Some images are printed using the Lightjet, a digital enlarger that exposes photographic paper with red, green and blue lasers.
- 4 (exhibit)(goods/pictures)Oraciones de ejemplo
- Most anywhere on the long expanse of the north shore side of the Cape which uncovers at low tides to expose sand flats can be productive.
- It consisted of a lavender shirt that draped off the shoulders, exposing them completely, and it was very low cut.
- The low quality fish they dry on sand, exposing it to birds and animals, may not bring them good revenue.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en India
Muy popular en Pakistán
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Today is Aberri Eguna, Basque national day, and a public holiday in the Basque country of Spain.