- 1 1.1 u (of power, meaning) extensión (f), ampliación (f) by extension por extensiónMás ejemplos en oraciones1.2 u c (lengthening — of line, road) prolongación (f); (— of period, visit) prolongación (f), extensión (f) the extension of the deadline la prórroga or extensión del plazo
Más ejemplos en oraciones1.3 c (appendage) the brush seemed like an extension of his hand el pincel parecía una prolongación de su mano women were considered mere extensions of their husbands se consideraba a las mujeres un mero apéndice de sus maridos
- In addition, the extension of the Dart line to Greystones offers another choice for commuters to the city.
- The basic family unit is universal, as is its extension to create an additional sense of comfort and protection within communities, tribes or nations.
- The extension to the original building was seamlessly carried out, so it is almost impossible to identify the earlier work.
- As the director explains in the program, the musical additions are an extension of the opening line: ‘If music be the food of love, play on.’
- We will use this system as an extension of our network to get to additional buildings and customers and to reach into cities where we don't have significant buildouts.
- I noted the vapor trails that were draped along the leading edge extensions and wingtips as he passed overhead - telltale signs of a high-performance turn.
- 2 c (to building) ampliación (f) they are having an extension built (to house) están haciendo ampliaciones (to museum, hospital) están construyendo un anexo ( or un nuevo pabellón etc)Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The use of the main building and the extension has caused problems to adjacent residents for a number of years and is currently the subject of an ombudsman's complaint against the Council.
- Its plans also include an extension to the main building and a new, separate stable block as well as an upgraded driveway and access to the main road.
- The in-patient Assessment Unit occupies a modern, purpose-built, sympathetic extension to the main building.
- 3 c [Telec] 3.1 (line) extensión (f), interno (m) (RPl) , anexo (m) (Chi) extension 14, please con la extensión 14 por favor, con el interno (RPl) or (Chi) el anexo 14, por favor 3.2 (telephone) supletorio (m)Más ejemplos en oraciones
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Mrs. Jacobs, who had been listening in on an extension, (with Vera's knowledge), offered to drive her to the hospital.
- With Maddox listening in on the extension, Astor asked Signor Altaverdi if he needed any further copies of the surveillance photographs and told him that he hoped to be back in Italy after the weekend.
- I wish I didn't have a phone extension in my bedroom, I think lazily.
- Handsets will be allotted extension numbers in addition to their handphone numbers.
- I was totally overwhelmed and attempted to cope the best I could, as did the general hospital switchboard, with its extensions all manually connected through an operator in those days.
- I listened in on an extension when Frank phoned Jack at Bute House to be told his fate.
- 4 u [Educ] university extension extensión (f) universitaria (before n) [course/lectures] de extensión universitariaMás ejemplos en oraciones
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Earning the respect of his players after a rocky start three seasons ago, Hartley was given a well-deserved raise and two-year extension.
- During the meeting, the board gave the president a two-year contract extension and a raise.
- As well, I note that the section is discretionary, meaning that even if the criteria are met, the application for extension may be denied for other reasons.
- Every university should have an extension department to promote students' participation in community-based activities.
- As the school's night college, the extension school attracts extraordinary students.
- The Food Innovation Center, a branch of Oregon State University's agricultural extension service, is based in Portland.
- 5 c [Comput] (for document) extensión (f)Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Once I have a domain name, I can add aliases and extensions to define additional systems and services.
- Most times the extension is the substring which follows the last occurrence, if any, of the dot character.
- Be aware though that there is no standardization to filename extension usage, and many different people have used extensions to apply to many different things.
Buscar otros recursos lingüísticos
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Today is a public holiday in Peru (Día de la Independencia)