Traducción de fasten en español:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1 1.1 (attach) sujetar; (tie) atar; (stick) pegar* to fasten on a button/label pegar* un botón/una etiqueta 1.2 (do up, close) [case] cerrar*; [coat] abrochar; [laces] atar, amarrar (Latin America except River Plate area/América Latina excepto Río de la Plata) fasten your belt abróchate el cinturón fasten the door/window échale el cerrojo a la puerta/ventanaOraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo
- She made sure his seatbelt was securely fastened before closing the door on him.
- Lydia fastened the cloth door closed and took inventory of the room.
- Once I had fastened the seatbelt and closed the door, Jason flicked a small switch on the dashboard, and the machine roared to life.
- A blue plaque fastened into the wall publicises the office's past as the dining room in the home of journalist Henry Morton Stanley.
- We drove home with a green boat perched atop a white wooden box of camping gear, fastened to a blue Volkswagen.
- Chell's white wraparound skirt, reaching from beneath her arms to her ankles and fastened at the back, was pulled in by a blue sash around her waist.
- 2 (fix) [eyes/gaze] clavar, fijar to fasten the blame on sb echarle or endilgarle* la culpa a algnOraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo
- She was fastening some of her hair up with glittery clips while the rest cascaded down her neck and back.
- She was at the vanity, fastening her pale blonde hair into a bun that was already unraveling.
- I made my way to the bathroom where I fished through piles of hair accessories until I found my giant clip with which I fastened my hair in a French twist.
- Realising that he wasn't getting any money from me, he began to glance away, and fastened his eyes on a wallet that a gentleman who passed us had in his hand.
- What I did do, I noticed, was to keep a very beady eye on him from across the room: waiting to see what kind of man he fastened his attentions on this time.
- He sat down carefully, and fastened his eyes on his glass desktop.
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- [door/case] cerrar* this belt won't fasten este cinturón no abrocha
Verbos con partícula
fasten downverb + adverb + object, verb + object + adverb/verbo + adverbio + complemento, verbo + complemento + adverbio [hatch/hood] asegurar, cerrar*
fasten onfasten onto verb + preposition + object/verbo + preposición + complemento they fastened onto the idea straight away enseguida entendieron la idea he had fastened on(to) poor Anna se le había pegado a la pobre Anna [colloquial/familiar] the press fastened onto that one statement la prensa se centró exclusivamente en esa afirmación once he fastens on(to) a plan, there's no changing his mind cuando se le mete un plan en la cabeza, no hay quien lo haga cambiar de opinión
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Malasia
Muy popular en India
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Radio broadcasting in Spain began in the 1920s. The state-run Radio Nacional de España (RNE) was established during the Civil War. There are many private radio stations and they compete fiercely. Radio personalities are paid huge salaries, out of which they employ the staff for their programs.