Traducción de fasten en español:
- 1 1.1 (attach)(tie) atar(stick) pegarto fasten on a button/labelpegar un botón/una etiqueta1.2 (do up, close)(case)
cerrar(coat)fasten your belt
abrocharabróchate el cinturónfasten the door/windowéchale el cerrojo a la puerta/ventanaOraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo
- She made sure his seatbelt was securely fastened before closing the door on him.
- Lydia fastened the cloth door closed and took inventory of the room.
- Once I had fastened the seatbelt and closed the door, Jason flicked a small switch on the dashboard, and the machine roared to life.
- A blue plaque fastened into the wall publicises the office's past as the dining room in the home of journalist Henry Morton Stanley.
- We drove home with a green boat perched atop a white wooden box of camping gear, fastened to a blue Volkswagen.
- Chell's white wraparound skirt, reaching from beneath her arms to her ankles and fastened at the back, was pulled in by a blue sash around her waist.
- 2 (fix) to fasten the blame on somebodyecharle or endilgarle la culpa a alguienOraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo
- She was fastening some of her hair up with glittery clips while the rest cascaded down her neck and back.
- She was at the vanity, fastening her pale blonde hair into a bun that was already unraveling.
- I made my way to the bathroom where I fished through piles of hair accessories until I found my giant clip with which I fastened my hair in a French twist.
- Realising that he wasn't getting any money from me, he began to glance away, and fastened his eyes on a wallet that a gentleman who passed us had in his hand.
- What I did do, I noticed, was to keep a very beady eye on him from across the room: waiting to see what kind of man he fastened his attentions on this time.
- He sat down carefully, and fastened his eyes on his glass desktop.
- (door/case)this belt won't fasten
cerrareste cinturón no abrocha
Verbos con partícula
- they fastened onto the idea straight away
enseguida entendieron la ideahe had fastened on(to) poor Anna
se le había pegado a la pobre Anna [colloquial]the press fastened onto that one statement
la prensa se centró exclusivamente en esa afirmaciónonce he fastens on(to) a plan, there's no changing his mind
cuando se le mete un plan en la cabeza, no hay quien lo haga cambiar de opinión
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda