Traducción de fasten en español:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1 1.1 (attach) sujetar; (tie) atar; (stick) pegar* to fasten on a button/label pegar* un botón/una etiqueta 1.2 (do up, close) [case] cerrar*; [coat] abrochar; [laces] atar, amarrar (Latin America except River Plate area/América Latina excepto Río de la Plata) fasten your belt abróchate el cinturón fasten the door/window échale el cerrojo a la puerta/ventanaExample sentences
- She made sure his seatbelt was securely fastened before closing the door on him.
- Lydia fastened the cloth door closed and took inventory of the room.
- Once I had fastened the seatbelt and closed the door, Jason flicked a small switch on the dashboard, and the machine roared to life.
- A blue plaque fastened into the wall publicises the office's past as the dining room in the home of journalist Henry Morton Stanley.
- We drove home with a green boat perched atop a white wooden box of camping gear, fastened to a blue Volkswagen.
- Chell's white wraparound skirt, reaching from beneath her arms to her ankles and fastened at the back, was pulled in by a blue sash around her waist.
- 2 (fix) [eyes/gaze] clavar, fijar to fasten the blame on sb echarle or endilgarle* la culpa a algnExample sentences
- She was fastening some of her hair up with glittery clips while the rest cascaded down her neck and back.
- She was at the vanity, fastening her pale blonde hair into a bun that was already unraveling.
- I made my way to the bathroom where I fished through piles of hair accessories until I found my giant clip with which I fastened my hair in a French twist.
- Realising that he wasn't getting any money from me, he began to glance away, and fastened his eyes on a wallet that a gentleman who passed us had in his hand.
- What I did do, I noticed, was to keep a very beady eye on him from across the room: waiting to see what kind of man he fastened his attentions on this time.
- He sat down carefully, and fastened his eyes on his glass desktop.
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- [door/case] cerrar* this belt won't fasten este cinturón no abrocha
Verbos con partícula
fasten downverb + adverb + object, verb + object + adverb/verbo + adverbio + complemento, verbo + complemento + adverbio [hatch/hood] asegurar, cerrar*
fasten onfasten onto verb + preposition + object/verbo + preposición + complemento they fastened onto the idea straight away enseguida entendieron la idea he had fastened on(to) poor Anna se le había pegado a la pobre Anna [colloquial/familiar] the press fastened onto that one statement la prensa se centró exclusivamente en esa afirmación once he fastens on(to) a plan, there's no changing his mind cuando se le mete un plan en la cabeza, no hay quien lo haga cambiar de opinión
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The Premios Goya del cine español is the Spanish equivalent of Oscars, awarded in January every year by the AACC (Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Cinematográficas de España). The winners receive a bust of the painter Goya.