- 1.1 (fruitful) [soil/valley] fértil fertile ground for new ideas terreno fértil para nuevas ideasMás ejemplos en oraciones
Más ejemplos en oraciones1.2 (capable of reproducing) [woman/animal/plant] fértil; [seed/egg] fecundado
- The mountains prevented large-scale farming and impelled the Greeks to look beyond their borders to new lands where fertile soil was more abundant.
- Malaria has been eradicated and the Hule has become one of the breadbaskets of Israel, acre upon acre of fertile land abundant with fruit and grain and garden crops.
- The soil is extremely fertile and produces immense crops when there is enough rainfall, otherwise they are a failure.
Más ejemplos en oraciones1.3 (prolific) [animal/plant] fecundo
- Taking refuge in the dharma, taking a passionless approach, means that all of life is regarded as a fertile situation and a learning situation, always.
- When Chester accepted the invitation to go to the University of Kentucky, it put our family in a fertile situation where we could grow individually and as a family.
- The ramps will be approximately 150 yards away from this hostel, making it a fertile prospect for drug pushers both on site at the hostel and also the ramp site.
Más ejemplos en oraciones1.4 (inventive) [imagination] fértil, fecundo he has a very fertile imagination [ironic/irónico] tiene demasiada imaginación a fertile mind un ingenio fértil
- Some of my favorite duck hens were getting older though, so I had to reconsider artificial incubation for any fertile eggs they laid.
- The left and right bars of each pair represent infertile and fertile eggs, respectively.
- All females that laid fertile eggs were given a month's break.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It's in our biology to seek out young and fertile creatures.
- Since female mice are fertile for more than a year, their ovaries had to be generating new oocytes, the scientists reasoned.
- All five mice were fertile and went on to produce their own healthy pups.
- In Lindsay's fertile imagination, such ideas interact in strange and unexpected ways.
- These characters are all part of Kamen's fertile imagination as he invented all of these roles.
- It is from this very imagination of some fertile minds that various religious texts, rituals and ideas have sprouted.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The Cortes Generales is the Spanish Parliament, consisting of two houses, the lower house or Congreso de los Diputados and the upper house or Senado. It is a legislative body, approves state budgets, and exercises other powers relating to international treaties and agreements, the autonomous regions and appointments to posts in institutions such as the Tribunal Constitucional.