Traducción de finger en español:
- 1 (of hand) first o index finger middle finger(dedo) corazón (masculine) or medio (masculine)third o ring finger little o fourth finger you can count on the fingers of one hand the number of times …se pueden contar con los dedos de una mano las veces …not to lift o raise a fingerno mover un dedoshe never raised a finger to helpno movió ni un dedo para ayudarto be all fingers and thumbs (esp British English)ser torpeI'm all fingers and thumbs today!¡hoy estoy tan torpe!to burn one's fingers o get one's fingers burned to cross one's fingersI'll keep my fingers crossed for youojalá (que) tengas suertekeep your fingers crossed for me!¡reza por mí!well, here goes: fingers crossed! to give somebody the finger (American English)
¡deséame suerte!(hacer un gesto grosero levantando el dedo medio)to have a finger in every pie
≈ hacerle un corte de mangas a alguienestar metido en todoto have o keep one's finger on the pulseestar or mantenerse al díato have sticky fingerstener la mano largato lay a finger on somebodyponerle a alguien la mano encimaif you so much as lay a finger on her …si le llegas a poner la mano encima …to point the finger at somebodyculpar a alguiento pull o get one's finger out (British English) [slang](d)espabilarse [colloquial]it's about time he pulled his finger outya es hora de que se (d)espabileto put one's finger on somethingthere's something about him, I can't quite put my finger on ittiene algo, no sabría decir concretamente qué esyou've put your finger on ithas dado en el clavoto put the finger on somebody [slang]delatar a alguiento put two fingers up at somebody (British English)(hacer un gesto grosero levantando los dedos índice y medio)to slip through somebody's fingers
≈ hacerle un corte de mangas a alguienescapársele a alguien de las manoshe let it slip through his fingersdejó que se le escapara de las manosto snap one's fingerschasquear or (Mexico) tronar los dedosshe only has to snap her fingers and …no tiene más que hacer así y …he snaps his fingers at conventionpasa de las convencionesto work one's fingers to the bonedeslomarse trabajandoOraciones de ejemplo
- The hands may be broad with short fingers; the little finger may only have one joint instead of two and be slightly curved.
- There was some movement in the hand especially the fingers, thumb and little finger.
- Proceed with moving your ring finger and then your pinky finger toward your thumb.
- 2 2.1 (of glove)Oraciones de ejemplo2.2 (as measure) [colloquial] give me two fingers of Scotch
sírveme dos dedos de whiskyOraciones de ejemplo2.3 (of land)
- She was wearing blue calf-length jeans with her stomach exposed and gloves with various coloured fingers.
- She had black leather gloves on with the fingers cut off and black trousers.
- In winter we wrap up in scarves and Steptoe-style gloves with the fingers cut out.
Oraciones de ejemplo2.4 (pointer on scale) (Technology) 2.5 (Aviation)
- I dropped ice into the largest glass I could find and poured out about eight fingers of the sweet liquid.
- He leaned forward, carefully removed the ice from a glass set before him and them motioned to the waiter to pour in precisely three fingers of Pastis.
- If you have 2 or more fingers of drink to allocate they can be distributed between more than one player.
- Individually moulded fingers of sushi rice seemed too formal, so I spread the rice in a thick layer over the banana leaf, and laid generous slices of tuna over it.
- Serve with fingers of toasted sour dough Poilâne bread and thin sticks of crisp vegetables.
- Serve with toasted fingers of ciabatta, but remember to bring it to room temperature before serving - fridge-cold pâté will not do.
- 1 (handle)tentalear (Mexico)Oraciones de ejemplo
- I felt a hand touch my hair, fingering it and letting it drop, strand by strand.
- Gently he fingered several curls that touched his shoulder.
- He would finger each bag for a minute, touching and stroking, and then finally moving it into a larger plastic bag.
- 2 (Music) 2.1 (play)Oraciones de ejemplo2.2 (number)
- ‘I must say, though,’ she said thoughtfully, fingering her violin.
- A few days after that fateful jam session, Rocky was sitting at home, fingering his guitar to a tune only he knew.
- Rowan could just picture her, her hands fingering the beautiful flute as her eyes scanned the sea.
marcar la digitación deOraciones de ejemplo
- Timidly plucking a string, I fingered the lead guitar of ‘Smoke on the Water’.
- The lower oboes are treated as transposing instruments, their parts written to be fingered like treble oboe parts.
- Pianist Eddie Heywood deftly fingers the bridge on the last chorus.
- 3 [slang] (inform on)Oraciones de ejemplo
- He was uncovered after his employers fingered him to police over the affair.
- But that doesn't mean defense attorneys and reformers should resign themselves to a conviction every time a client is fingered by a victim's last words.
- These rapidly became forays into entrapment of innocent people fingered by prison snitches trying to get their sentences reduced.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda