Traducción de fix en español:
- 1 1.1 (establish)(date/time/price)
fijar(details)her arrival has been fixed at 3 pm
concretarsu llegada está fijada para las 3 de la tardeOraciones de ejemplo1.2 (organize) I've fixed it so we'll be in the same hotel
lo he arreglado para que estemos en el mismo hotelhow are you fixed for next weekend?¿qué planes tienes para el fin de semana?Oraciones de ejemplo
- The other countries which joined the EU did not have any dates fixed in advance.
- By order dated July 19, 2001 a trial date was fixed for September 16, 2002.
- When the court resumes a date will have to be fixed for a hearing.
- As reported by the Evening Press, Supporters Direct had offered their advice, and a meeting was quickly fixed up.
- The visit is fixed up, and just in time; 24 hours later his laptop packs in.
- It can be very difficult fixing things up for young offenders in advance of their release.
- 2 2.1 (secure) the planks were fixed together with two screwslas tablas estaban sujetas con dos tornilloswe fixed the pole in the groundclavamos or fijamos el poste en el sueloto fix something
tosomethingsujetar algofix bayonets! (Military) aalgo¡calar bayonetas!Oraciones de ejemplo2.2 (implant) to fix something in one's memory
grabar algo en la memoriayou've just got it fixed in your mind that she's jealousse te ha metido en la cabeza que es celosathe belief had been fixed in him from an early agele habían inculcado la creencia desde temprana edad2.3 (pin) to fix the blame on somebody/somethingecharle or achacarle la culpa a alguien/algo
- To allow movement from thermal and other forces, the roof is not fixed rigidly to its supports.
- Fix the shelf to the wall above the curtain track using the brackets.
- The reconnaissance officers used head torches fixed to their helmets.
- 3 3.1 (direct steadily) he fixed his gaze or eyes on herla miró fijamentehis eyes were fixed on the road aheadtenía la mirada fija en la carreteraeverybody's attention was fixed on herla atención de todos estaba fija or centrada en ellaall their hopes were fixed on a trucehabían cifrado todas sus esperanzas en una tregua3.2 (look at) he fixed her with a stony gazeclavó en ella una mirada glacial
- 4 (esp US) 4.1 (prepare) [colloquial] I'll fix you some foodte preparo algo de comerwhat are you fixing for dinner?¿qué estás haciendo or preparando de cena?Oraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo4.2 (make presentable) to fix one's hair
- By fixing and suppressing the enemy, we allow our own maneuvering element to accomplish its task relatively unmolested.
- This gives priority to the areas where the enemy can be fixed and destroyed, area denial, and information collection.
- This will allow us to destroy the lead company as the second enemy is being fixed by the minefield.
arreglarse el pelowe'll go as soon as I've fixed my facenos vamos en cuanto me pinte
- He walked down the stairs to the wet bar and fixed himself a drink, then proceeded out to the deck that overlooked the calm Pacific.
- I got in, fixed myself a stiff drink and lay on the floor until the shaking died off.
- ‘I wish I had never had children,’ she muttered to herself as she fixed herself a drink.
- 5 (repair) [colloquial](car/household appliance)I must take this watch in to be fixed
arreglartengo que llevar este reloj a arreglarOraciones de ejemplo
- The aim is to expand and improve, not to fix or repair what is broken.
- A spokeswoman said the company was working flat out to get repairs fixed which were holding up trains and lengthening journeys.
- As I recall, you also had to get the shower repaired and fix quite a few things, didn't you?
- 6 (influence fraudulently) [colloquial](jury)
comprar [colloquial]Oraciones de ejemplo
- I assume it goes on in all sports and in racing it doesn't really bother me because I don't bet to make money and I don't believe every single race can be fixed.
- Can we be sure that further individuals or gangs aren't attempting to fix races?
- He has denied allegations that he fixed football matches.
- 7 [slang] 7.1 (deal with)arreglar [colloquial]I'll soon fix her!¡ya la voy a arreglar yo! [colloquial]Oraciones de ejemplo7.2 (kill)
- Well, Republican presidential hopeful John McCain is rolling out his plan to fix the economy.
- We said we would fix immigration, law and order, and the Treaty of Waitangi industry.
- 8 (neuter) (US) [colloquial] [euphemistic]operar [colloquial] [euphemistic]Oraciones de ejemplo
- The cancers of the reproductive organs are very rare in cats that have been fixed.
- One is a girl and the other is a boy - both are fixed, as is our own cat.
- He said all his cats are fixed males and if I have any problems with them to let him know.
- 9 9.1 (make permanent)(film/drawing/colors)
fijarOraciones de ejemplo9.2
- Ultimately, the fate of photography depended on fixing the image so it would not fade or darken.
- After two minutes, a second bath of acid stops the development process and a third fixes the image, making the paper impervious to future contacts with light.
- They gradually perfected the process of drying the grass to fix the image with some degree of permanence.
fijarOraciones de ejemplo
- As they grow, green plants and trees fix carbon dioxide from the atmosphere and convert it to tissue.
- Both cover crops fix a lot of nitrogen and produce high yields of biomass that serve as organic matter to enrich the soil.
- The bacteria supply the pea plants with nitrogen fixed from the air when the soils are deficient in that nutrient.
- 10 (determine position of) (Aviation, Nautical)establecer la posición deOraciones de ejemplo
- Later in the novel, he will use the ‘Earth’ to fix the exact location of his enemies on a flotilla of rafts in the middle of the Pacific ocean.
- The flight leader watched him go down, fixed his position, and saw that he was alive and in his raft.
- We have been at the mercy of the storm for days, and the cloud cover still prevents me from fixing our location by the stars.
- 1 (predicament) [colloquial]to be in a fixestar en un aprieto or apuroto get (oneself) into/out of a fixmeterse en/salir de un aprieto or apuroOraciones de ejemplo
- Our poor town planner is now in a fix, unable to predict the town's population ten years into the future.
- Anyone who finds themselves in a really difficult fix should contact the organisation - it sounds like it could be a life-saver.
- The department was in a fix about the problem, as it had to figure out the exact amount spent by the subscribers.
- 2 (of drug) [slang] to give oneself a fixpincharse [colloquial]I need my daily fix of chocolateno puedo pasarme sin mi dosis diaria de chocolateOraciones de ejemplo
- Traders claim that drug addicts collecting their daily fixes at a newly-transferred chemist shop are killing Leigh town centre.
- His eyes took on the glazed expression of a drug addict contemplating his next fix.
- In some areas nearly all robbery and burglary is drug related to pay for the next fix.
- 3 (Aviation, Nautical) to get a fix on something (sailor/airman)establecer la posición de algowe're trying to get a fix on the likely consequencesestamos intentando estimar or calibrar las posibles consecuenciasOraciones de ejemplo
- GPS receivers use the passive, one-way transmissions of signals from the orbiting satellites to determine a position fix.
- GPS position fixes, however, are independent measurements that don't necessarily account for a car's travel along a road network with sharp corners.
- If only three satellites are visible, then one dimension, typically the altitude, must be held constant to provide position fixes.
- 5 (solution) there are no quick fixes for these problemsestos problemas no se arreglan así como asíOraciones de ejemplo
- They knew there was no short-term, easy fix, there could be no band-aid approach.
- We have a short-term fix for the communication problem.
- So while expanding opportunities through trade is a good thing for the American economy, it's not going to be a fix for our current problems.
Verbos con partícula
- 1verb + object + adverb, verb + adverb + object 1.1 (provide for) I need somewhere to stay: can you fix me up?
- → fix on
necesito alojamiento ¿me lo puedes arreglar?she fixed me up with a job
me encontró or consiguió un trabajowe are trying to get her fixed up [colloquial]
estamos tratando de conseguirle un novio1.2 (organize, arrange)
(trip)I'll fix things up with her
lo arreglaré con ella1.3 (repair, restore)
(house/room) (US)2verb + adverb (make arrangements) (British) [colloquial] did you fix up with John about the tickets?
¿arreglaste lo de las entradas con John?
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda