Traducción de flame en español:
nouncountable and uncountable
- 1 to be in flamesestar (envuelto) en llamasto go up in flamesincendiarsea wall of flameuna barrera de fuego or llamasto be shot down in flameshe/his plan was shot down in flames by his bosssu jefe lo demolió/demolió su planthe plane/pilot was shot down in flamesel avión/piloto cayó envuelto en llamasOraciones de ejemplo
- Residents are directed to guard against the threat of fire as flames continue to engulf many areas in New South Wales.
- He died instantly, before flames engulfed his body, which was identified from jewellery and dental records.
- However, it had steps in front of doors, fire escapes exposed to flames, inadequate balcony stairways, and no exit signs.
- 2 (passion) the flame(s) of love/jealousyla llama del amor/de los celoshe's an old flame of minees un antiguo enamorado míoOraciones de ejemplo
- Now if any band are ready to make it they are, there is a flame burning inside them that no one is going to extinguish.
- A flame of passion burned within me at his touch, and I only lusted more.
- Even though he ignored her at school the flame of hope that burned in her heart hadn't gone out yet.
- 3 [colloquial] (Computing) (abusive email, posting)flame (masculine) (cualquier mensaje ofensivo que llega por Internet en respuesta rápida a otro mensaje)Oraciones de ejemplo
- It also created the culture of flames - abusive emails.
- The social dynamics are very different; you think more before responding instead of posting a quick flame.
- Our playful dig drew plenty of interesting emails and surprisingly, very few flames.
- 1 (blaze)(light/jewel)
refulgir(fire)her anger flamed (up) again as she reread the letter
ardervolvió a montar or a arder en cólera al releer la cartaOraciones de ejemplo
- The thick black hands flamed with an eerie blue sheen in the low light of the bridge, and dark green eyes glowed with a deranged luminescence from deep-set pits under the gunner's brow.
- Gloriana was the tallest of the three, with bright red hair flaming and swirling around her head, and green eyes that flashed impatiently.
- Come here at sunset, when the colours flame in red and orange, bold and beautiful.
- 2 (glow)(sun)her cheeks flamed with anger/embarrassment
enrojecerse le encendieron las mejillas de (la) ira/vergüenza
- 3 [colloquial] (Computing)publicar un flameOraciones de ejemplo
- Now if anyone read my previous blog, they will know I got seriously flamed by a person called Acidman, my ‘crime’?
- Mom was a reader, a debater (I can not imagine keeping a blog if she was still alive, she would have flamed me to a crisp in either the comments or her own blog), and a passionate learner.
- If you have something against that, don't bother freaking out or flaming me, just simply press the back button.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda