Traducción de flare en español:
- 1 1.1 (signal, marker light)(on runway, road) baliza (feminine)safety flares (American English) (Cars)luces (feminine plural) de emergenciaOraciones de ejemplo1.2 (sudden light)
(flame) llamarada (feminine)Oraciones de ejemplo1.3
- Without these mittens, I would not have been able to even open the zipper on my survival vest, let alone try to work a flare or other signaling device.
- If I had flares or some other signaling device, I might have been able to get help and medical attention to him sooner, without having to do something risky like blocking traffic.
- It's not a bad idea to include signaling devices such as mirrors, flares, etc., whether you are in a remote location or not!
also: solar flare(Astronomy)Oraciones de ejemplo
- He was abruptly cut off as a brief flare of red light flickered around Lexa.
- There was a brief flare of white light, and the Goddess vanished, leaving only a smattering of loose tinsel behind.
- Keigen tried to find his friend in the dark, until a flare of light burst into flame beside him.
- Scientists are still figuring out the role of sunspots in space weather, but they do know that when a flare erupts, sunspots are often nearby.
- Four minutes after the onset of the big flare, the Harvard Radio Astronomy Station at Fort Davis, Texas, began hearing radio noise from the Sun.
- Note the white bands buried amid the black and gray sunspots, depicting the twin bands of the flare as it burst into view around the sunspots.
- 2 (Clothing)a jacket with a flareuna chaqueta con vueloa pair of flaresunos pantalones acampanadosOraciones de ejemplo
- Fashions of the time were tank tops, tonic suits and trousers, flares, and long hair all round.
- Cobain, a modern dandy in purple flares and kipper tie, is effervescently enthusiastic about all things mind - expanding.
- Who knows… but if flares, kipper ties and tank tops can make a comeback then I guess anything's possible.
- 1 1.1(candle/fire)
brillarOraciones de ejemplo1.2 (break out)
(conflict/violence)her temper o anger flared when …
- Heart turned at a sudden crackle and watched as the demonic blades flared and burned, leaving not even scorches where they had fallen.
- I saw the stars burn and flare against the velvety darkness.
- Some residents jumped from windows as the blaze flared through the building's entrance.
estallarexplotó or montó en cólera or se encolerizó cuando …tempers flaredlos ánimos se enardecieronOraciones de ejemplo
- His men were quoted as saying there are still tribal elements in the city who are resisting their control, and that the situation could flare into fighting if they do not back down.
- US capital markets have also been a refuge for many in recent years as emerging market crises flared from Russia and Brazil.
- Nearly 250 priests have resigned or been dismissed from their duties since the crisis flared in January.
ensancharseOraciones de ejemplo
- It flared out gradually from the hips and there was a slit on two sides.
- The waist was small and tapered into a V, and the skirt flared out slightly, with filmy layers overlying the dress.
- Do not give us shirt or raglan sleeves, or ‘shirtwaister’ styles with blousy tops, or flared or pleated skirts in boring patterns.
- (pipe/fitting)he flared his nostrils angrily
ensancharbufó or resopló enfadado
Verbos con partícula
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda