Traducción de flash en español:
- 1 countable 1.1 (of light)(from gun, explosion) fogonazo (masculine)a flash of lightningun relámpagothe flash of her diamond ringel brillo or los destellos de su anillo de brillantesa flash in the panflor (feminine) de un díahis success turned out to be a flash in the pansu éxito resultó ser flor de un día(as) quick as a flash in a flashit came to me in a flashde repente lo vi claroit was all over in a flashtodo pasó en un momento or en un abrir y cerrar de ojosI'll be back/I was out in a flashvuelvo/salí volandoOraciones de ejemplo1.2 (burst) a flash of inspiration
un ramalazo de inspiracióna flash of hope a flash of understandingun fugaz momento de comprensión1.3 (Photography) with built-in flashcon flash integralOraciones de ejemplo
- At this a loud crash was heard behind them followed by a bright flash of lightning, lighting up the forest briefly.
- As she was strolling down the final row, a sudden flash of bright light caught her attention.
- Large flashes of light occasionally burst forth from the opening of a cave leading into the opposing mountain range.
- Pulling out her camera and attaching the flash, she climbs out of the car and moves past the barricade.
- The phone also is equipped with a camera featuring an attachable flash.
- He finds Gilbert, and they spot Keaton, who is using the flash on her digital camera as a flashlight.
- 3 countable 3.1 (marking on horse)Oraciones de ejemplo3.2 (insignia)
(British English) (Military)
- Soft pastels, worn underneath jackets or blazers, will be popular, along with cream, and teamed with flashes of bright colour.
- The glints of orange fish scales and the gleam of a metallic beetle are some of the few flashes of colour in a predominantly monochromatic palette.
- The strategic placement of bold panels of colour allows unexpected flashes throughout the hair, dramatizing the movement and lines of each cut and style.
distintivo (masculine)Oraciones de ejemplo
- Later on that year the cloth patch was replaced by a black flash and a solid gold metal Winged Dagger emblem on top of it.
- I ended up buying the kilt itself, a black leather sporran, some black hose, and black flashes.
- He recognised the flashes on the uniform of the young soldier standing beside him. They indicated service in Cyprus.
- 1 1.1 (direct) they flashed a light in my faceme enfocaron la cara con una luzhe flashed his torch around the room (British English)
me dieron con una luz en la cararecorrió la habitación con la linternahe used his mirror to flash a signal/message to the shipcon el espejo le hizo una señal/mandó un mensaje al barcoto flash one's headlights at somebodyhacerle una señal con los faros a alguienthe car behind was flashing meel coche de atrás me estaba haciendo señales con los farosto flash somebody a smilesonreírle a alguienshe flashed him a look of contemptle lanzó una mirada de desprecio1.2 (communicate quickly)(news/report/communiqué)a message was flashed on the television screen
transmitir rápidamenteapareció un mensaje en pantallaOraciones de ejemplo
- Images of the shooting - videotaped by TV crews covering the march - were flashed around the world.
- This news had earlier been flashed to the world via the BBC website.
- However, the whole incident was flashed around to other bases, telling everyone to behave themselves.
- 2 2.1 (show, display) she loves flashing her money aroundle encanta ir por ahí exhibiendo su dinero or haciendo ostentación de su dineroOraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo2.2 (expose onself to) [slang]a man flashed her in the park
- Ralphie responded quickly as he flashed them his press card.
- Just then another passenger rose from his seat and flashed a small plastic card at the warring parties.
- Jonathan flashed his ID, and the guards motioned the car through.
un hombre se le exhibió en el parqueOraciones de ejemplo
- You should take their money if they are flashing it round.
- They hate to see somebody flashing the money around like that.
- He had a habit of flashing the wads of cash his benevolent son sent home to him.
- Believing a man had flashed at his girlfriend, he drove at him, jamming him against a wall.
- A mother has warned other residents to be on their guard after a man flashed her 12-year-old daughter.
- A bit later she was waving at me, and when I glanced over she flashed me again - and she'd taken her bra off!
- 1 1.1 (emit sudden light) the lightning flashedrelampagueóher eyes flashed like fire
hubo un relámpagolos ojos le relampagueaban or centelleabanOraciones de ejemplo1.2 (Cars)
hacer una señal con los farosOraciones de ejemplo1.3
- I looked up at the bright green neon sign flashing on and off, ‘Club Divine’ it read.
- A sudden burst of bright green light flashed behind the tree.
- The ship whisked into the night's sky, its bright lights flashing.
also: flashing present participle(sign/light)
- The driver was alerted to on-coming cars flashing their lights at him.
- The police car flashed his lights briefly at a car that touched 90 or so, but that was about it.
- The car behind me started flashing its lights, and turned on its siren.
que se enciende y se apaga(eyes/smile)
brillanteOraciones de ejemplo
- ‘Jordan isn't going to make me miserable,’ Faith argued, her eyes flashing with anger.
- ‘Get the hell away from me Corey - right now’ Hailey said, her eyes flashing with anger.
- His eyes were flashing with anger, but they softened.
- 3 (move fast) (+ adverb complement) a message flashed across the screenun mensaje apareció fugazmente en la pantallait flashed through my mind that …se me ocurrió de repente que …my life flashed before mereviví toda mi vida en un instanteto flash by o past (train/car/person)pasar como una bala or un rayo or un bólidoto flash by (time/vacation)pasar volando
volarOraciones de ejemplo
- Eventually, I became aware that the streetlights were not flashing by as quickly as they had been.
- The altimeter was counting down, the final couple of hundred feet flashing by too quickly.
- The time flashed by so quickly for the rest of the trip.
- 2 (ostentatious)Oraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo
- It is simply the case that in this world of convenience, flash holidays and big cars, working the land has lost its appeal.
- But the plan backfired when the driver couldn't get the flash car to start as they left the restaurant - leaving the couple at the mercy of the paparazzi.
- This means that in a high-consumption society such as ours, when I buy a flash car or suit, I throw down the gauntlet to others to do likewise.
- They are big brash symbols of conspicuous consumption, a way for flash men and women with a lot of cash to flaunt their wealth.
- Nicky Cole is a flash geezer from the South, but Yates is a flash geezer from the North.
- It was a flash crowd, and soon our roofless concrete barn was packed with wet bodies, dancing under sheets of hard rain and the intermittent flashes of lightning.
Verbos con partícula
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda