- 1(candle/flame/TV picture)
parpadear(needle on dial)his eyelids flickered
oscilarparpadeóa smile flickered across her faceesbozó una sonrisathe shadows flickered on the walllas sombras bailaban en la paredOraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo
- There were no bright lights flickering on and off giving you a headache.
- Without any warning, the lights flickered then turned on brightly.
- A bright light flickered from the other side of the window and firecrackers popped all over the room.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Small dying flames flickered on his body, and he did nothing to remove them, as if the flames were merely a mirage.
- Nick's eyes burned, small flames flickering within his pupils.
- The flame flickered and then burnt fiercely, casting a warm yellow light over the small study.
- My eyelids flickered open and revealed Jack on a chair next to my bed.
- Saka's eyelids flickered, then popped open to reveal cerulean eyes with no pupils that Ayane could see.
- After several moments, Karae's eyelids flickered and opened a tiny bit.
- 2also: flickering present participle(light)we watched the flickering shadows/flames
titilantemirábamos bailar las sombras/llamas
noununcountable and countable
- 1 (of flame)(of light) parpadeo (masculine)the flicker on the TV screen
titileo (masculine)el parpadeo de la imagenOraciones de ejemplo
- The bright flicker of the candles lit the room and colored their cheeks as they stood before the kingdom's legion of Royal advisors.
- Abruptly, the strange, unsteady flickers of light coalesced, solidifying as a small spark of flame grew within their depths.
- They stayed late beside its glow, a flicker of light barely visible to us through the trees.
- 2 (of eyelids)(of needle on dial) oscilación (feminine)the flicker of a smile passed across her faceesbozó una sonrisawithout a flicker of recognitionsin la más mínima señal de reconocerloOraciones de ejemplo
- He caught a flicker of movement off to his right and vaguely heard the soft sounds of a small stream.
- She thought she caught a flicker of movement out of the corner of her eye and turned to peer intently that way.
- She kept low and watched the wagons disappear, but a flicker of movement caught her eye and she turned her head in time to see a red spider logo on the back of a jacket.
- (Zoology)carpintero (masculine) doradoOraciones de ejemplo
- Woodpeckers, flickers, chickadees and nuthatches are among the many species that benefit from it.
- Unlike most woodpeckers, flickers spend a lot of time on the ground probing for ants.
- The preserve, wild with birdsong, was thick with robins, flickers, grackles, blackbirds, catbirds, and doves.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda