Traducción de float en español:
- 1 1.1 (on water) oil floats on waterdebris had floated up (to the surface) from the wreckel aceite flota en el aguathe logs floated downstreamhabían salido a flote restos del naufragiohe taught me to float (on my back)los maderos bajaban flotando por el ríothe canoe floated away on the tideme enseñó a hacer la planchala marea se llevó la canoaOraciones de ejemplo1.2
(cloud/smoke)a feather floated past on the breezeflotar en el aireuna pluma pasó flotando en la brisaOraciones de ejemplo1.3 (move lightly)
- After floating near the surface for a few days, the raft sinks to the sea floor and the eggs hatch far away from their parents.
- In nature, mussels start life as microscopic larvae floating near the surface of the sea.
- The weed does not stick to the bottom; it floats on the surface and moves with the direction of the wind.
(idea/image)I felt I was floating on airme sentí en el séptimo cielo or (como flotando) en las nubes
- Usually it was the clouds floating slowly past the window that would catch my eye.
- She watched as the white clouds slowly floated by in the sky and gave a sigh.
- David ignored him and busied himself with the clouds floating slowly by.
- 1 1.1(ship/boat)1.2 the waves floated the seaweed ashoreponer or sacar a flotelas olas llevaron or arrastraron las algas hasta la orillaOraciones de ejemplo
- Topping up casks of wine is essential in order to stop the wine turning into vinegar; alternatively, a layer of olive oil can be floated on the surface of the wine.
- The metal's surface tension is great enough to permit a steel needle to be floated on its surface.
- This introduces a lot of fine air bubbles into the effluent, floating the algal matter to the surface to be skimmed off.
- 2 (Finance) 2.1 (establish) Ver ejemplos:to float a companya week after the company had been floated …introducir una compañía en Bolsalanzar una compañía a Bolsa2.2 (offer for sale)una semana después de que la compañía se cotizara por primera vez en bolsa …una semana después de que la compañía fuera lanzada a bolsa …(shares/stock/bonds)2.3 (allow to fluctuate)(currency)dejar flotarOraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo
- It's not even clear if floating China's currency would result in a stronger yuan.
- Indeed, if the currency were floated, it might well decline as Chinese convert their domestic currency holdings into dollars.
- Uruguay floated its currency late last month following a run on banks and a plunge in foreign reserves.
- He will need to muster all his not inconsiderable sales skills to help float the company at a time when stock markets are in the doldrums.
- The company was floated on the Nasdaq stock market in November 1997.
- A central part of the reform process was to privatize many of the nationalized industries through floating the companies on the stock market.
- 3 (circulate)(rumor)hacer correr(idea/proposal)a figure of $3m was floatedse sugirió una cifra de 3 millones de dólaresOraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo
- A similar idea was floated in March this year by Southampton Test MP Alan Whitehead following an energy summit held in the city last year.
- He floated the idea of raising the amount of money taxpayers must earn before they're subjected to the top marginal tax rate.
- The BBC report is amusing, because it floats the idea that maybe people should be charged for the bandwidth they use - hey, maybe metered internet time could be the future?
- A rumor is floating about that the businessman is getting ready to waste millions again in a futile attempt to become governor, but that's relevant only to the coyotes who will take his money.
- ‘It is an idea that is floating about at the moment, but I wouldn't put it any stronger than that,’ he added.
- A couple of hot rumors have been floating about involving Golden State.
- 1 1.1 (for fishing) 1.2 (in cistern, carburetor)Oraciones de ejemplo1.3 (raft, platform) 1.4 (for buoyancy)
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The most common type of bilge pump switch uses a pivoted float to sense water level.
- I described the symptoms, and Arv said it could possibly be a blocked exhaust stock or a stuck carburetor float.
- Mount the float valve in your reservoir of water at about the level you want the water (the float is adjustable so placement doesn't have to be perfect).
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Eventually the many rings were threaded, the float attached, shotted and the hook tied on.
- Personally, I get a lot of satisfaction out of making my own floats and catching fish using them.
- Once the hard work is done it's easy to fish to a baited area from the bank or to sit in the boat and fish it with a float.
- These weights have a hole or holes bored into them and help, with the aid of buoyant floats, keep the net vertical in the water and fished as a gill or seine net.
- They use beam and otter trawls or fine filament nylon driftnets, a form of gear used in the open ocean, suspended in the water by floats like a curtain.
- Through an elaborate maze of nets suspended by floats, fish are channelled into captivity.
- 2 2.1 (in parade) 2.2also: milk float(British English)Oraciones de ejemplo
- The sun also came out as the procession of floats wound its way to the carnival field and then paraded through the town on Saturday.
- There will be 40 floats in tomorrow's procession, accompanied by marching bands, majorettes and cheerleaders.
- A colourful procession of floats through the town was the beginning of a weekend's fun at Dartford's annual festival.
- 3 (ready cash)(Business, Finance)(to provide change) Ver ejemplos: a float of £20fondo (masculine) fijo20 libras en cambio or en monedasOraciones de ejemplo
- But as he returned to the taxi, he saw a man trying to steal money from the cash float.
- When the driver got out to adjust it, the group stole his till float containing £25 and slammed his hand in the driver's cab door.
- Police are considering robbery as a possible motive because a float of hundreds of pounds was missing.
- 5 (for plastering)Oraciones de ejemplo
- I climbed the ladder with my float, trowel and plaster and reached upwards towards the missing section of my ceiling.
- Cover the tiles with grout using a rubber-bottom float or a sponge and wipe on a diagonal.
- Among the simplest is a somewhat rough but uniform surface achieved by tooling the finish coat with a sponge float or brush.
Verbos con partícula
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Malasia
Muy popular en India
Muy popular en Pakistán
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Opus Dei - Latin for "God's Work" - is a Catholic organization founded in Spain in 1928. The Opus became very influential in Spanish society, above all by founding schools and universities. The aim was to create an élite which would spread Christian ideals throughout society. The University of Navarre is one of its foremost institutions.