Traducción de florid en español:
- 1 (red)(complexion/cheeks)
rubicundoOraciones de ejemplo
- He was a great big fellow with a florid complexion and blue eyes, and was utterly devoid of fear, nothing that came in his direction being too hot for him to handle.
- His features and florid complexion are all too familiar to readers of The Sunday Times, where he provides the savoury delights in the restaurant pages of Style magazine.
- Think of high blood pressure - or hypertension as doctors call it - and you probably think headaches, dizzy spells and a florid complexion.
- 2 (ornate)(decoration/style)
floridoOraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo
- In an age when the life of the spirit is besieged by the excesses of a florid globalism, claimants to sole proprietorship of truth have never been more numerous.
- It is sad to hear the veteran struggling with Rossini's florid music as the titular Turk, and both buffo baritones are, frankly, provincial.
- Her gestures, however, can seem too mannered, even by the florid standards of Baroque song recitals.
- Expressing ourselves in quite such florid language about what we are is why fingers are pointed at us.
- That was probably a reaction to the florid language Rothwell used - and an initial response to the content.
- Some judges and magistrates tend to clothe their remarks in florid language which is likely to appeal to reporters.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda