Traducción de florid en español:
- 1.1 (red)(complexion/cheeks)Oraciones de ejemplo1.2 (ornate)
(decoration/style)(language)Oraciones de ejemplo
- He was a great big fellow with a florid complexion and blue eyes, and was utterly devoid of fear, nothing that came in his direction being too hot for him to handle.
- His features and florid complexion are all too familiar to readers of The Sunday Times, where he provides the savoury delights in the restaurant pages of Style magazine.
- Think of high blood pressure - or hypertension as doctors call it - and you probably think headaches, dizzy spells and a florid complexion.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- In an age when the life of the spirit is besieged by the excesses of a florid globalism, claimants to sole proprietorship of truth have never been more numerous.
- It is sad to hear the veteran struggling with Rossini's florid music as the titular Turk, and both buffo baritones are, frankly, provincial.
- Her gestures, however, can seem too mannered, even by the florid standards of Baroque song recitals.
- Expressing ourselves in quite such florid language about what we are is why fingers are pointed at us.
- That was probably a reaction to the florid language Rothwell used - and an initial response to the content.
- Some judges and magistrates tend to clothe their remarks in florid language which is likely to appeal to reporters.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Malasia
Muy popular en Pakistán
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Carnaval is the three days of festivities preceding Lent, characterized by costumes, masks, drinking, music, and dancing.