Traducción de flourish en español:
prosperar(plant)the children are flourishing
darse or crecer bienlos niños están creciendo sanos y saludablesOraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo
- In the summer months it smelled of warm spices and sweet lavender from the growing gardens where the plants flourished and blossomed.
- What kind of first year it experiences in a new territory can make the difference between an invading species of mushroom flourishing or failing.
- Years later people still say to the daughter that the plant is flourishing.
- Buddhism itself, however, continues to flourish, having successfully responded to the challenge of colonialism and adapted to modern democracy.
- For basketball to flourish yet more successfully in England it had to develop a solid infrastructure, said Nelson.
- It was a time of rapid economic growth for the new country and the university flourished and rapidly expanded.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- The opening story, Celia, is a cheerless piece about a woman who will go to bed with anyone who flourishes a bottle.
- At the same time he opened them to a procession of shonks, one of whom went around the world flourishing a letter signed by Cairns authorising him to raise funds for the Australian government.
- Now the water was up to his chest and his right arm flourished the vodka bottle over his head.
- 1 (showy gesture) with a flourishhaciendo un floreo or una floriturawith an elegant flourishcon un gesto or ademán eleganteOraciones de ejemplo
- With a flourish and a gesture that was almost comical in its theatrics, she ignored my queen and advanced a totally unconnected pawn.
- With a flourish he stood, gesturing for me to stand as well.
- Now, pigeons sit on his shoulders, and passing poets salute him with a flourish of the walking stick.
- 2 (embellishment)(in signature) rúbrica (feminine)Oraciones de ejemplo
- Unnecessary curves, strokes, flourishes, dots and lines can prove to be counter-productive, he says.
- Papa's script was so beautiful it was almost illegible and now, when I see something he wrote, those flowing tails and flourishes make my throat close.
- My handwriting was so much more simple than her flourishes and sweeps and big spacing.
- 3 (Music) (fanfare)(ornament) floritura (feminine)Oraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The Basque Gabriel's Message (again in an arrangement by Harvey) is properly festive with flourishes in the trumpets to accompany the Annunciation.
- By contrast, St Cecilia sweeps in on joyous flourishes from trumpets and drums, with rushing strings as buoyant as those that welcome Handel's Queen of Sheba.
- ‘Eskimo Lament’ comes first, drenched in sombre piano and plucked guitar, before the arrival of gorgeous harmonies and trumpet flourishes.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- As sudden musical flourishes precede and follow more tentative, delicate passages, so hope and anxiety seem to dance across the song's brightly colored sonic eggshell floor.
- They turn out a flamboyant blend of jazz, folk, funk and classical guitar, with flourishes of Latin acoustic guitar of a most impressive standard.
- The subtle string flourishes and guitar parts in the background are what really make the song, though, as Rouse's voice is merely serviceable in the understated verses.
- For the songwriter looking to add more than a few twists to his compositions, or the arranger looking to add jazz flourishes to otherwise straightforward pop tunes, this certainly could be a fun book to consider.
- For a single string instrument to take centre stage, as opposed to a mere flourish or adornment of a greater composition, it needs depth and commanding presence to fill the space.
- With a flourish and dramatic double-punch at the keys the music has taken over the room and his finale is performed in awed silence as a few people sip at their drinks, eyes affixed to the young man's back.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda