- 1 1.1to flush the toiletjalarle (a la cadena) (Latin America excluding Southern Cone)to flush something down the toilet or awaytirar algo al or echar algo por el wáter1.2(drain/pipe)
purgarOraciones de ejemplo
- In case you lose power, you will still have water to flush toilets or wash up.
- Imagine, we use two gallons of quality drinking water every time we flush the toilet.
- More than half of all domestic water is used to flush toilets and water gardens.
- 2 (drive out)(person/criminal)(game)
hacer salir(in hunting) levantarOraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Provisions in the Protection of Wild Mammals Act 2002 allowed for the use of dogs to flush foxes from cover for marksmen to shoot as a means of pest control.
- Falconry is not outlawed and in that sport you use dogs to flush prey to your bird.
- Under the ban, hunters are allowed to use dogs to flush foxes from their hiding places, but they are not supposed to use dogs to actively search for foxes.
- The forces tried to flush them out by flooding the mains, but the resisters managed to stop the water supply.
- Again, there is not very much wrong with that - the police have primacy to enforce the law while the army, backed by the air force, flush the guerrillas out into the open.
- Careful arrangements were made to flush him out of his hiding place.
- 1(toilet)the toilet won't flush
funcionarla cisterna no funciona
- 2 (blush)(with embarrassment) ruborizarseher cheeks flushed crimson
ponerse coloradosus mejillas se encendieronOraciones de ejemplo
- Her skin reacted to the small touches, goose bumps jittering across her flesh as her face flushed hot.
- The manager's face flushed, and he interrupted, ‘My wife is from Grand Rapids!’
- My face feels really flushed and hot from the central heating, and I'm mainly thinking about that.
- 1 1.1 (blush) a flush of anger brightened her cheeksse puso roja de iratheir words brought an embarrassed flush to his cheekssus palabras lo hicieron ruborizarse or sonrojarse (de vergüenza)the child had a feverish flushel niño estaba colorado or rojo por la fiebrethe first pink flush of dawn in the sky [literary]el primer arrebol del alba en el cielo [literary]Oraciones de ejemplo1.2 (of anger, passion) in the first flush of success
con la euforia del triunfoin the first flush of youthen la flor de la juventudhot flushes (British) (Medicine)sofocos (masculine plural)bochornos (masculine plural)calores (masculine plural) (Río de la Plata)Oraciones de ejemplo
- When I am near her, I can feel the heat, the flush in my skin.
- There was a flush to his tanned skin and his green eyes were unnaturally bright, but there was nothing to indicate the dull haze of alcohol.
- He clutched at the light coverlet, pulling it with him as he sat up, a flush coloring his skin.
- Charlie felt a flush of joy and relief.
- A sudden flush of self-consciousness twitches at the ubiquitous teenage angst and she tugs at the frayed hem of her puffball skirt.
- He was swept away by him and the flush of inspiration and excitement led to some of his religious masterpieces.
- 2 2.1 (toilet mechanism)Oraciones de ejemplo2.2 (action) we gave the pipe a flush with some boiling water
purgamos la cañería con agua calientegive the toilet another flushtira otra vez de la cadenajálale (a la cadena) otra vez (Latin America excluding Southern Cone)Oraciones de ejemplo
- Pushing the flush down on the toilet, I stood up slowly.
- He cursed out of a regular habit as he pulled the flush down on the toilet.
- Drinking water came from the sink in the toilet, the flush of which was operated by pulling a metal hanger in the cistern.
- This same amount of water equals 66 flushes per day with old, 20-litre toilets, suggesting that toilets may not be the most important focus for water conservation.
- The standard household lavatory, we are told, uses 7.5 litres of water per flush.
- But the latest flush toilets use only six litres per flush.
- 1 (level)(column/margin)a flush door
alineadouna puerta lisathe table is flush with the cabinetla mesa está alineada con el armariothe mirror is fitted so as to be flush with the wallel espejo está empotrado para que no sobresalga de la paredflush against the wallpegado a la paredOraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Cut each piece for a snug fit, and install them so that the top of the riser is exactly flush with the top of the stringer notch.
- I used regular wood screws and countersunk them in the PVC to allow a flush surface.
- Office cladding is designed as a vented, triple-glazed flush facade.
- Second, center the entire page on the screen instead of having it flush left.
- Computer applications like Microsoft Word have us trained that PC-screen content is always flush left?
- Left alignment ensures all text is flush with left margin and ragged on the right margin.
- 2 (having money) [colloquial]to be flushandar bien de dineroOraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Did the young man, suddenly flush with success, bury his money in tomato cans in his back yard?
- The Government is so flush with cash that it cancelled the 2005 January bond tender.
- So, flush with cash from the power plant sales and the securitization, Judge went shopping.
- The port and claret were laid down in happier times, when cash was flush and planning for the future mattered.
- Don't rush to hire when sales turn strong and cash is flush.
- A lot of the projects were started when money was flush.
- (in cards) royal/straight flushescalera (feminine) real/de colorOraciones de ejemplo
- Three flushes: the back and middle hands are flushes, and the front hand is a three-card flush (three cards of one suit).
- Four card flushes do not count in Table Top Cribbage.
- When comparing flushes, the highest card is compared first, then if these are equal the middle card, and finally if necessary the lowest.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda