- 1 (balance) equilibrio (m) to lose o miss one's footing resbalar, perder* el equilibrio it was difficult to get much of a footing on the icy slope era difícil mantener el equilibrio en la cuesta helada to gain a footing see footholdMás ejemplos en oraciones
- It was emphasised that only in those circumstances could the buyer be said to be on an equal footing with his seller in terms of bargaining strength.
- This work is vital to demonstrate the potential impact of preventing ill health and put it on an equal footing with clinical interventions, which are routinely subject to economic evaluation.
- He will also be able to compete on an equal footing with some of the professionals on the circuit, who have already found themselves trailing in his wake on some of the sport's most gruelling courses.
- 2 2.1 (basis) the company finances are on a shaky footing la economía de la compañía no tiene una base sólida to put sth on a regular footing regularizar* algo on a war footing en pie de guerra on an emergency footing en situación de emergencia on an equal footing en igualdad de condiciones, en situación equiparable 2.2 (relationship) to be on a friendly footing with sb mantener* buenas relaciones con algnMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Neither side succeeded in establishing a firm footing in the first half, as evidenced by the fact that parity obtained on four occasions.
- They figure they will need €500,000 to establish a firm footing in the market, money the company does not have at present.
- Gregory, who is believed to retain about 8% of the equity, said the restructuring of the board would put the company on a firm footing for its next phase of expansion.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
La movida madrileña is an expression referring to the Madrid social and cultural scene of the late 1970s and early 1980s, and the people involved in it. It was a youth phenomenon based around night spots in the city, such as the now defunct club Rock-Ola. One of the leading lights of the movida was the movie director Pedro Almodóvar.