Traducción de footing en español:
noun no plural
- 1 (balance) to lose o miss one's footing it was difficult to get much of a footing on the icy slopeera difícil mantener el equilibrio en la cuesta heladato gain a footing see → footholdOraciones de ejemplo
- It was emphasised that only in those circumstances could the buyer be said to be on an equal footing with his seller in terms of bargaining strength.
- This work is vital to demonstrate the potential impact of preventing ill health and put it on an equal footing with clinical interventions, which are routinely subject to economic evaluation.
- He will also be able to compete on an equal footing with some of the professionals on the circuit, who have already found themselves trailing in his wake on some of the sport's most gruelling courses.
- 2 2.1 (basis) the company finances are on a shaky footingla economía de la compañía no tiene una base sólidato put something on a regular footingregularizar algoon a war footing on an emergency footingen situación de emergenciaon an equal footingen igualdad de condiciones
en situación equiparableOraciones de ejemplo2.2 (relationship) to be on a friendly footing with somebody
mantener buenas relaciones con alguien
- Neither side succeeded in establishing a firm footing in the first half, as evidenced by the fact that parity obtained on four occasions.
- They figure they will need €500,000 to establish a firm footing in the market, money the company does not have at present.
- Gregory, who is believed to retain about 8% of the equity, said the restructuring of the board would put the company on a firm footing for its next phase of expansion.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda