- 1 (before noun/delante del nombre) 1.1 (compulsory) [labor] forzado; [attendance] obligatorio 1.2 (due to necessity) [landing/stopover] forzosoMás ejemplos en oraciones
- But the Police Reform Act 2002 had added in the power to require the forced resignation of a chief constable.
- We would probably not today know of police coercion, brutality, forced confessions and rigged trials.
- The French set up a bureaucracy to administer the colony and collected taxes and requisitioned forced labor.
- 2 (unnatural, false) [smile/gesture] forzadoMás ejemplos en oraciones
- There are some very forced and unnatural interpretations in this book.
- The people you meet there are all the same too, and underneath the forced smiles and jaded handshakes you detect great reservoirs of boredom.
- It took a second, and a forced effort, for everything to come back into focus.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Basque autonomous police force is called Ertzaintza. Its members, called ertzainas, wear a uniform of red sweaters and berets, and white jackets. Despite the Ertzaintza's wide range of responsibilities, the Guardia Civil and Policía Nacional still operate in the Basque Country.