- 1 (ceremonial) [reception/dinner] formal formal dress traje (masculine) de etiqueta they paid a formal call on the new Ambassador hicieron una visita oficial or de protocolo al nuevo embajadorMás ejemplos en oraciones
- He nudged her playfully and she launched into a cutesy story about how his hair is always sticking up and she can't get him to dress appropriately for formal occasions.
- You would think that after all these years of preparation, I'd be able to at least dress myself appropriately for formal occasions, right?
- We had decided, a couple of weeks ago, to make the night a formal dress occasion - as it's normally more fun if you've made a bit of an effort.
- 2 (official, conventional) [letter/meeting/invitation] formal; [reprimand/request] formal he hasn't any formal education no tiene formación académicaMás ejemplos en oraciones
- But her acting and, of course, dancing talents have actually not got her the deserving formal recognition in the name of awards.
- We want credentials and acknowledgement in some officially recognized, formal way for the work we have invented.
- He said that the audits were not documented because no formal complaint was brought against her.
- 3 3.1 (stiff, not familiar) [manner/person] ceremonioso; [style/language] formal 3.2 (regular, symmetrical) [garden] de diseño formalMás ejemplos en oraciones
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Increasingly, however, companies are demanding some kind of formal education in interior design, whether it's an evening class programme or a three year degree.
- Western schooling crowds out other forms of formal education like initiation rituals that were designed to bring an entire age group to the same level rather than to weed out students.
- Have you ever had any formal education in design or new media?
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- And if I ever see him in passing, I'll treat him in a strictly formal manner.
- Whoever said that Germans were a formal people?
- When I go to a meeting, I have to decide ahead of time what to bring, and I'm never sure about the weather or how formal people will be.
- The writing is pathetic, but there is simply nothing wrong with its grammar or the formal aspects of its style.
- Her writing style was more formal than that of her peers.
- Such writings were highly formal exercises in style and rhetoric, often delighting in dialectically arguing for and against a particular topic.
- 4 (of form) [aspect/analysis] formal, de formaMás ejemplos en oraciones
- There are no distinct actors to give it formal content.
- These sketches stick in the mind not just because of their content but because of their formal qualities.
- It was copied by Rembrandt, Rubens, and Sandrart, all of whom responded to the painting as an image of the noble virtuoso as well as to its formal distinction.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Guernica is a Basque town destroyed by German bombers fighting on the Nationalist side in the Spanish Civil War in April 1937.