- 1.1 (very worried) desesperado they were frantic with worry estaban desesperados de la preocupaciónMás ejemplos en oraciones1.2 (desperate) [effort/struggle/search] desesperado 1.3 (frenzied, hectic) [activity] frenético to drive sb frantic poner* frenético a algn, sacar* de quicio a algn
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Many customers eagerly signed up because their pets had been made frantic with fear by the noise of fireworks.
- This time, however, he failed to return and his mother is frantic with worry about his safety.
- I have been speaking to his dad and he and his wife are just frantic with worry, they can't sleep or eat.
- In the latter stages they attempted a frantic counter-attack but the ball play was feeble.
- She was quickly discovered after a frantic search, bleeding and shocked.
- The men noticed the boy was missing and after a frantic search they discovered his body in the river.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Every year the charitable Fundación Príncipe de Asturias makes eight awards in various categories. They are presented by the Príncipe de Asturias, the heir to the Spanish throne, in the Asturian city of Oviedo. The prize includes a monetary reward of 50,000 euros and a sculpture by the Catalan artist Joan Miró. Winners have included: the writers Umberto Eco and Mario Vargas Llosa; the politicians Nelson Mandela and Yasser Arafat; the organization Médecins sans Frontières; the scientist Stephen Hawking; and the golfer Severiano Ballesteros.