Traducción de function en español:
- 1 1.1 (of tool, machine, organ) función (feminine) to carry out/perform a function cumplir/desempeñar una función 1.2 (role, duty) función (feminine) it's not part of my function to do that eso no está dentro de mis funciones that seems to be my function in life esa parece ser mi misión en la vida it's his only useful function es para lo único que sirveExample sentences
- But it does play on social mores and our embarrassment about natural bodily functions, albeit in a crude way.
- This is because, the article argues, they are a similar frequency to the type of electrical activity natural to cellular functions and so may cause interference.
- When a breast can't perform its natural functions, many women find it difficult to accept it as part of their body.
- 2 (reception, party) recepción (feminine), reunión (feminine) social; (show) función (feminine); (ceremony) acto (masculine), ceremonia (feminine)Example sentences
- The crops of spring onions, lettuce and Chinese cabbage were given free to guests at a formal function to celebrate the event on Friday.
- ‘Oh, he's the smart one,’ she'd say with admiration at dinner parties and social functions.
- It was traditionally worn by kings, queens and other great figures of state during ceremonial events and functions.
- 3 [Mathematics/Matemáticas] función (feminine) profit is a function of sales las ganancias están en función de las ventasExample sentences
- His work is almost exclusively on calculus, in particular differential equations and functions of a real variable.
- Then of course the relevant integrals involve odd functions, and it results that the centroid lies on the y-axis.
- For example, the exponent b in the rate functions of the expressions in Eq. 5 was assigned a universal value.
- Spectral analysis decomposes a variable into underlying sine and cosine functions of particular wavelengths or cycles.
- Solving the equations of the best response functions gives expressions for equilibrium outputs.
- He found expressions for the Bessel functions as integrals involving Legendre functions.
- 4 [Computing/Informática] función (feminine)Example sentences
- Method and apparatus for presenting new computer software functions to a user based upon actual usage
- An icon is a graphic image that represents an available function on a computer's graphical user interface.
- Medical billing software with quick searching functions enables offices to quickly and effectively manage multiple databases worth of information.
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- 1.1 (operate) [machine/organ] funcionar the tribunal functions through two sub-committees el tribunal desempeña sus funciones a través de dos subcomisiones 1.2 (serve) to function
assth [object/building] hacer* (las veces) dealgo [word] cumplir la función dealgo
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Spain's 1978 Constitution granted areas of competence competencias to each of the autonomous regions it created. It also established that these could be modified by agreements, called estatutos de autonomía or just estatutos, between central government and each of the autonomous regions. The latter do not affect the competencias of central government which controls the army, etc. For example, Navarre, the Basque Country and Catalonia have their own police forces and health services, and collect taxes on behalf of central government. Navarre has its own civil law system, fueros, and can levy taxes which are different to those in the rest of Spain. In 2006, Andalusia, Valencia and Catalonia renegotiated their estatutos. The Catalan Estatut was particularly contentious.