Traducción de fustian en español:
- 1.1 (fabric)Oraciones de ejemplo1.2 (pomposity) [literary]
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Some wore velvet jackets and fustian trousers.
- In the early nineteenth century, as earlier, most British working-class women made their families' clothes, from cotton calicoes for dresses and shirts, and from fustian for trousers and jackets.
- Apparel made of fustian, canvas, leather, and wool is always deemed appropriate for those of the ‘inferior sort’.
- One of the champions of self-exposure is Henry James, who often stitches together a few scraps of dialog with acres of inner fustian.
- If you do, you are miles away from my opinion, for I hold that Homer no more dreamed of all this allegorical fustian than Ovid in his Metamorphoses dreamed of the Gospel.
- It reminds a reader that, unlike the surrounding fustian, this little piece of language is to be treated with reflective care.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Malasia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In some Andean countries, particularly Chile, onces is a light meal eaten between five and six p.m., the equivalent of "afternoon tea" in Britain. In Colombia, on the other hand, onces is a light snack eaten between breakfast and lunch. It is also known as mediasnueves.