- (in fishing)Oraciones de ejemplo
- Before commercialization, when lobsters were fished as a subsistence item, or for sale or barter in small local markets, they were typically fished by hand or with gaffs and spears.
- The five-part sculpture tells a story from the folk history of Kiltimagh and illustrates the drama of the catching of salmon by the illegal gaff and spear on winter nights in the early 1900s.
- This fish we fight for about 15 minutes, but we are using a small diameter wind-on and cannot get the fish within range of the gaff even though we have most of the leader on the reel.
- (British English) [colloquial]to blow the gaffdescubrir el pastel [colloquial]levantar la liebre or (River Plate area) la perdiz [colloquial]Oraciones de ejemplo
- The rules were, to begin with, difficult to master, since, as a journalist, one's entire instinct was to blow the gaff.
- Well… we could hardly blow the gaff on a fairytale, could we?
- To sugar the pill they sent me to review a very good book, which appeared recently, The Spanish Cockpit, which blows the gaff pretty well on what has been happening.
- (British English) [colloquial] (home)queli (feminine) (Spain) [colloquial]Oraciones de ejemplo
- It is a luxurious gaff with seven reception rooms and Prince Michael is getting away with one of the best housing benefit scams in the land.
- One's a millionaire, one has done really well and lives in Ireland, one of them has a big gaff in the New Town.
- I may have liked God when I was three, as I testified on the study wall, but He certainly wouldn't be very fond of me when He found out what I'd done to His gaff in Acton.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda