- (in fishing) arpón (masculine), garfio (masculine)Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Before commercialization, when lobsters were fished as a subsistence item, or for sale or barter in small local markets, they were typically fished by hand or with gaffs and spears.
- The five-part sculpture tells a story from the folk history of Kiltimagh and illustrates the drama of the catching of salmon by the illegal gaff and spear on winter nights in the early 1900s.
- This fish we fight for about 15 minutes, but we are using a small diameter wind-on and cannot get the fish within range of the gaff even though we have most of the leader on the reel.
- (British English/inglés británico) [colloquial/familiar] to blow the gaff descubrir* el pastel [colloquial/familiar], levantar la liebre or (River Plate area/Río de la Plata) la perdiz [colloquial/familiar]
- (British English/inglés británico) [colloquial/familiar] (home) casa (feminine), queli (feminine) (Spain/España) [colloquial/familiar]