Traducción de gas en español:
noun plural gases or gasses
- 1 uncountable and countable (Physics)Oraciones de ejemplo
- The spherical wavefront of expanding gasses and space debris burst past the Aspiration, rocking the vehicle even through the shielding.
- He looked over his shoulder at the source of the transmission, only to see a rapidly expanding ball of gasses and wreckage.
- I combined all the ingredients and I tied off the bag leaving plenty of room for the gasses to expand into.
- 2 uncountable 2.1 (fuel) the central heating runs on gasto turn the gas on/off/up/downla calefacción central es de or a gasnatural gasencender/apagar/subir/bajar el gas(before noun) (ring/stove/lighter/heater)gas canister o cylinderde or a gasgas central heatingbombona (feminine) or (River Plate area) garrafa (feminine) or (Mexico) tanque (masculine) or (Chile) balón (masculine) de gasgas pokercalefacción (feminine) central a or de gas2.2 (Military)atizador (masculine) de gasOraciones de ejemplo2.3 (anesthetic)
Oraciones de ejemplo
- He made a specialty of chemical and gas warfare and minefields and his war caused a million deaths.
- Videos from his collection, showing dogs being killed by poisonous gas or a nerve agent, were recently aired on CNN.
- This year is the 90th anniversary of the invention of modern gas warfare.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Two other reports exist of nitrous oxide anaesthesia being used in patients with intraocular gas in a closed eye.
- The condor was put under anaesthetic gas for the 20 minute procedure - carried out by zoo vet Brash in Flamingo Land's own clinic a fortnight ago.
- He compared being so short of hand towels to running out of anaesthetic gas during an operation.
- It can be used as a fuel in power stations to generate electricity or heat as an environmental alternative to burning fossil fuels such as gas, coal and oil.
- So in the House today, the Greens are advocating, for some reason, the burning of fossil fuels - gas in Auckland and diesel along with wind generation.
- We can go on to by-products of petroleum such as plastics and with gas as fuel we can do aluminium products with bauxite from Guyana and Jamaica.
- 3 uncountable (gasoline)(American English)to step on the gas [colloquial] (before noun) gas truck (American English)Oraciones de ejemplo
- But we do know she encountered them in her attempt to stop and get gas.
- The Turkish move to stop buying gas altogether paid off and Iran finally agreed to decrease the prices.
- Sometimes Bud stops to get gas, and this always feels like a momentous occasion.
- 4 uncountable (flatulence)(American English)to pass gas [euphemistic]gases (masculine plural)eliminar los gases [euphemistic]Oraciones de ejemplo
- This slows down your digestion and can cause gas to build up.
- For general bloating and gas, over-the-counter products containing simethicone can help.
- This almost involuntary practice relieves the symptom but it also produces gas and bloating.
- 6 (something fun, funny) [slang] [dated]to be a gasser muy divertidoser un plato (Latin America) [colloquial]Oraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo
- We both thought it a bit crazy at the time, and we also thought it would be a gas.
- Since then, it's been a rather gentle decline, although many in the UK during the 80s and 90s still thought I was a gas.
- It was great gas and he always ended up feeling glad that he lived in Ireland after he'd watch it.
transitive verb -ss-
- (Military)(kill)asfixiar con gas(in gas chamber)he put his head in the oven and gassed himselfmatar en cámara de gasse suicidó metiendo la cabeza en el hornoOraciones de ejemplo
- But it's only at the end of the film that we learn what appears to have really happened: it is he himself who killed his mother, gassing her whilst apparently suffering from a delusion that she is another person.
- Six death camps were built in occupied Poland to systematically kill people who were gassed and their bodies burned in crematoria.
- How would he feel if his father had been gassed, shot or hung in Auschwitz or Dachau, instead of his luckier fate, enjoying a good, long life hurling insults at others?
intransitive verb -ss-
- [colloquial]Oraciones de ejemplo
- Elsewhere, Ofcom's Communications Market 2004 report found that people are spending loads more time online, oodles more time gassing on their mobile phones but only a smidgen more watching TV.
- And LA Weekly opined that ‘Lopez and Affleck try not to smile at each other while gassing on and on until you're praying, dear God, please make them shut up and do it so we can all go home in peace’.
- First, the idea that the acme of being civilised is lying around your dining table gassing about culture and politics in a nice city, while the slaves do the washing up.
Verbos con partícula
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Malasia
Muy popular en India
Muy popular en Pakistán
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Mezcal is an alcoholic drink similar to