transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1.1 [Politics/Política] [state/district] dividir injustamente ([ para beneficiar a un partido ])Más ejemplos en oraciones
Más ejemplos en oraciones1.2 (manipulate unfairly) manipular
- He said the party had impoverished its supporters and predicted that they would turn against the ruling party, no matter how the constituency boundaries were gerrymandered.
- Politicians have come to see manipulation of the vote much as they see gerrymandering boundaries of voting districts - all part of the electoral game.
- If anything, it reinforced perceptions that the board and the ANC were simply gerrymandering provincial boundaries to suit short-term political ends.
- A gerrymandered election does not make for a democracy.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Do you know what 'arpilleras' are? They are pieces of appliquéd textile folk art, common in South America. Doll characters and animals create a three-dimensional effect representing scenes from daily life.