Traducción de getaway en español:
- 1.1 (quick departure) huida (feminine), fuga (feminine) to make one's getaway escaparse, huir* the thieves made a quick getaway los ladrones se dieron rápidamente a la fuga or huyeron rápidamente del lugar de los hechos (before noun/delante del nombre) the getaway car el coche que usaron ( or iban a usar etc) para la fuga 1.2 (short vacation, break) (American English/inglés norteamericano) escapada (feminine) [colloquial/familiar]Example sentences
- The suspect ran off, chased by the shop's staff, but escaped in a getaway car driven by an accomplice waiting outside the store.
- Although he escaped in a getaway car, he was pursued by police.
- A bicycle thief made a quick getaway after stealing his set of wheels in broad daylight.
Example sentences1.3 (in race) (American English/inglés norteamericano) salida (feminine), arranque (masculine)
- Roads, ports and airports were today coping well with the wave of holidaymakers making Easter getaways.
- This does not have to be a long vacation, just a weekend getaway.
- This road is not spared even on holidays or weekends as it is the gateway to weekend getaways in that part of the city.
- Both children and parents alike are happier getting whisked off to summer camps and holiday getaways, far from the cramped confines of the city.
- Adding a few tropical plants in containers can give you the fragrance and color of an island getaway in the smallest space.
- Suitable as either a permanent country home or a holiday getaway, this roadside holding goes under the hammer on July 24.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The Distrito Federal is a district of central Mexico, the seat of the federal government. It includes most of Mexico City and its suburbs, and comes under the direct supervision of the Mexican president.