Traducción de getaway en español:
- 1.1 (quick departure) huida (feminine), fuga (feminine) to make one's getaway escaparse, huir* the thieves made a quick getaway los ladrones se dieron rápidamente a la fuga or huyeron rápidamente del lugar de los hechos (before noun/delante del nombre) the getaway car el coche que usaron ( or iban a usar etc) para la fuga 1.2 (short vacation, break) (American English/inglés norteamericano) escapada (feminine) [colloquial/familiar]Example sentences
- The suspect ran off, chased by the shop's staff, but escaped in a getaway car driven by an accomplice waiting outside the store.
- Although he escaped in a getaway car, he was pursued by police.
- A bicycle thief made a quick getaway after stealing his set of wheels in broad daylight.
Example sentences1.3 (in race) (American English/inglés norteamericano) salida (feminine), arranque (masculine)
- Roads, ports and airports were today coping well with the wave of holidaymakers making Easter getaways.
- This does not have to be a long vacation, just a weekend getaway.
- This road is not spared even on holidays or weekends as it is the gateway to weekend getaways in that part of the city.
- Both children and parents alike are happier getting whisked off to summer camps and holiday getaways, far from the cramped confines of the city.
- Adding a few tropical plants in containers can give you the fragrance and color of an island getaway in the smallest space.
- Suitable as either a permanent country home or a holiday getaway, this roadside holding goes under the hammer on July 24.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The 'Audiencia Nacional' is the Spanish high court for crimes affecting the national interest, e.g. drug trafficking, large-scale fraud and certain crimes committed abroad.