Traducción de getaway en español:
- 1.1 (quick departure) to make one's getawayescaparsethe thieves made a quick getaway
huirlos ladrones se dieron rápidamente a la fuga or huyeron rápidamente del lugar de los hechos(before noun) the getaway carel coche que usaron ( or iban a usar etc) para la fugaOraciones de ejemplo1.2 (short vacation, break)
- The suspect ran off, chased by the shop's staff, but escaped in a getaway car driven by an accomplice waiting outside the store.
- Although he escaped in a getaway car, he was pursued by police.
- A bicycle thief made a quick getaway after stealing his set of wheels in broad daylight.
escapada (feminine) [colloquial]Oraciones de ejemplo1.3 (in race)
- Roads, ports and airports were today coping well with the wave of holidaymakers making Easter getaways.
- This does not have to be a long vacation, just a weekend getaway.
- This road is not spared even on holidays or weekends as it is the gateway to weekend getaways in that part of the city.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda