- 1 (undergarment)Oraciones de ejemplo
- Yet the exhibit still reveals the intricate machinery that made the New Look work: corsets, brassieres and girdles re-emerged from decades past to discipline the female body into the latest couture creations.
- Avoid tight-fitting clothing or undergarments that restrict blood flow at the waist, groin & legs (e.g. girdles, stockings & socks).
- She pulled on a loose fitting chemise and a violet silk skirt over her girdle and stockings and left her room silently, in search of adventure.
- 2 (belt) a girdle of coral reef encircles the island [literary]un cinturón de arrecifes de coral circunda la isla [literary]Oraciones de ejemplo
- Such gems could be woven into important clothing, on belts and girdles, mounted as jewellery, or just collected for their own sake.
- They served as belt toggles to hold containers for tobacco, money and other objects that would be carried on the cloth belt or girdle, as the kimono had no pockets.
- His long-sleeved, shirt-like garment is held in at the waist by a narrow girdle.
- [literary]circundar [literary]Oraciones de ejemplo
- The bus stop in her village is a semi circle of paved road girdled by a hillock.
- Carmona, a half-hour's comfortable drive from Sevilla, is no exception, its Moorish hill-top fortifications girdled by a skirt of glaring white walls and terracotta roofs that spill down to the surrounding plains.
- About 35 serene green miles later, you're in Leiden, a university city girdled by canals and dominated by the gothic ostentation of its 15th century church.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda