intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- [candles/fireflies/lanterns] brillar con luz trémula the stream glimmers in the moonlight la luz de la luna cabrillea en el arroyo [literary/literario]Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It was sundown, the skies were dark orange, the temple and its worshippers glimmered in pools of light and dark.
- His short blond hair glimmered in the light which shone into the walkways and halls.
- Her spectacles caught the light from somewhere and glimmered under the straight blonde of her hair.
- 1.1 (of candle, light) luz (feminine) débil or tenue y trémula 1.2 (of understanding) atisbo (masculine) there's a glimmer of hope hay un rayo or un rayito de esperanza
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Central America and Mexico, the word 'botana' means a small portion of food, olives, peanuts etc, usually served with a drink at parties, bars, or social occasions.