Traducción de gold en español:
- 1 1.1 uncountable solid/pure/24-carat goldoro macizo/puro/de 24 quilatesthat woman is pure goldesa mujer vale (su peso en) oroas good as goldbuenísimothey've been as good as goldse han portado muy bien or como unos santosthe baby slept through it all as good as goldel bebé durmió como un angelito sin enterarse de nadato strike golddar con una mina de oroall that glitters o glisters is not goldno es oro todo lo que reluce
no todo lo que brilla es oro(before noun) (ring/ingot/reserves)the gold market
de oroel mercado del oroOraciones de ejemplo1.2 uncountable (money) everything she touches turns to gold
todo lo que toca se convierte en orothe crock o pot of gold at the end of the rainbowun imposibleOraciones de ejemplo1.3 countable or uncountable (medal) [colloquial]
- While equities languish, precious metals such as gold have seen their value soar as investors seek a safe haven during uncertain times.
- National states have endeavoured to overcome this problem by linking the value of national currencies to the value of gold or silver.
- He explained that Ongopolo mines and processes base metal, mainly copper, but also associated precious metals such as gold and silver.
medalla (feminine) de oroto go for goldtratar de ganar la medalla de oroir a por la de oro (Spain) [colloquial]Oraciones de ejemplo
- He didn't trust banks for some reason and kept all his money and gold in a stupid safe in the attic.
- Perhaps it's a subliminal, sinister reminder that gold is the root of all evil.
- Who never dreamed about something like that; gold, wealth, adventure, history.
- Kieren Perkins is, of course, an Olympic medallist from each of the last three Olympic Games: two golds, two silvers.
- This played out in the form of two golds and one silver medal at the 2000 Olympic Games - the most successful medal haul ever for British rowing.
- She was a great sprinter in her time winning silver and bronze medals at the 1960 Olympics and multiple golds at the 1963 Commonwealth and European Games in 1963, the year she won the award.
- 2 uncountable (color)color (masculine) (de) orooro (masculine) [literary]Oraciones de ejemplo
- In the end I went for a deep red with gold flecks in it.
- The riverside trees and bushes were quite magnificent in the autumn colours of reds, gold, oranges and yellows.
- Stir in the cumin seed and the crushed chilli and continue cooking until the onions are deep gold in colour and spicily fragrant.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Ayuda gramatical y de uso para el español:
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda