Traducción de grim en español:
- 1.1 (stern)(person/expression)Oraciones de ejemplo1.2 (gloomy)
(weather)(truth)these are grim times for industrythe grim realitycorren tiempos muy negros para la industria1.3 (unyielding)la cruda or dura realidad(struggle)she carried on with grim determinationwith a grim smilesiguió adelante, resuelta a no dejarse vencersonriendo a pesar de todoOraciones de ejemplo1.4 (sinister)
- But she could see everyone else paying close attention, their expressions slowly becoming more serious and grim.
- She looked up to see his grim expression and immediately sobered.
- This time, none of them were laughing; they looked grim and serious.
(tale/joke)Oraciones de ejemplo
- Rural life is shown as harsh and grim where the ablest and younger peasants sought to escape to the factories in the cities.
- The lives of agricultural and urban workers would have been just as grim.
- Others are angry but matter-of-fact about a lifestyle that seems unbearably grim to the outsider.
Oraciones de ejemplo1.5 (below par) [colloquial] I feel pretty grim
- With these grim figures to consider, it is expected that Carlow would be one of the first test centres in the country to benefit from any forthcoming additional resources.
- The alternative - settling for economic, cultural and demographic stagnation - is too grim to consider.
- This could be grim news for millions of consumers whose life savings are invested in pensions, endowments and other savings contracts.
me siento or me encuentro fatal [colloquial]Oraciones de ejemplo
- Most of us use grim humour to cope with life's dark side.
- Sitting in the shade of the fig trees in Westminster's bustling Portcullis House last week, Ian Cawsey recalled with grim humour the moment when he almost died.
- But somehow, that sort of irreverent, grim humor doesn't seem appropriate.
- The rear of Selfridges is a grim place, just a service road lined by characterless buildings, and totally unlike the elegance of the imposing frontage.
- They live in a house in the most unpromising of territory - a grim estate on the Charlton-Woolwich boundary - yet the interior of their home is fantastic.
- Ever wondered how the NHS struggles by in the grotty, run-down and ultimately grim areas of this country?
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en India
Muy popular en Pakistán
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Today is Aberri Eguna, Basque national day, and a public holiday in the Basque country of Spain.