Traducción de grim en español:
adjective comparative grimmer superlative grimmest
- 1 (stern)(person/expression)
adustoOraciones de ejemplo
- But she could see everyone else paying close attention, their expressions slowly becoming more serious and grim.
- She looked up to see his grim expression and immediately sobered.
- This time, none of them were laughing; they looked grim and serious.
- 2 (gloomy)(weather)
deprimente(truth)these are grim times for industry
crudocorren tiempos muy negros para la industriathe grim realityla cruda or dura realidadOraciones de ejemplo
- With these grim figures to consider, it is expected that Carlow would be one of the first test centres in the country to benefit from any forthcoming additional resources.
- The alternative - settling for economic, cultural and demographic stagnation - is too grim to consider.
- This could be grim news for millions of consumers whose life savings are invested in pensions, endowments and other savings contracts.
- 3 (unyielding)(struggle)she carried on with grim determination
denodadosiguió adelante, resuelta a no dejarse vencerwith a grim smilesonriendo a pesar de todoOraciones de ejemplo
- Rural life is shown as harsh and grim where the ablest and younger peasants sought to escape to the factories in the cities.
- The lives of agricultural and urban workers would have been just as grim.
- Others are angry but matter-of-fact about a lifestyle that seems unbearably grim to the outsider.
- 4 (sinister)(tale/joke)
macabroOraciones de ejemplo
- Most of us use grim humour to cope with life's dark side.
- Sitting in the shade of the fig trees in Westminster's bustling Portcullis House last week, Ian Cawsey recalled with grim humour the moment when he almost died.
- But somehow, that sort of irreverent, grim humor doesn't seem appropriate.
- 5 (below par) [colloquial] I feel pretty grimme siento or me encuentro fatal [colloquial]Oraciones de ejemplo
- The rear of Selfridges is a grim place, just a service road lined by characterless buildings, and totally unlike the elegance of the imposing frontage.
- They live in a house in the most unpromising of territory - a grim estate on the Charlton-Woolwich boundary - yet the interior of their home is fantastic.
- Ever wondered how the NHS struggles by in the grotty, run-down and ultimately grim areas of this country?
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda