- 1.1 [Technology/Tecnología] muela (f), piedra (f) de afilar back to the grindstone! ¡de vuelta al yugo!Más ejemplos en oraciones1.2 (millstone) muela (f), piedra (f) or rueda (f) de molino
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- This can be done by rubbing away surplus metal with a grindstone, whetstone, oilstone, steel, ceramic rod, leather strop or the palm of your hand.
- He is seen sharpening a weapon on an old-fashioned grindstone.
- We also took turns at turning the crank of the grindstone when scythes needed to be sharpened.
- The grinding of the grain was done with a grindstone called a Rotary Quern, or a Hand Quern (a small stone on top of a larger stone with the grain in between) if you were poorer.
- His master, Monsieur Vanderdendur, cut off his hand when his finger got caught in the grindstone in a sugar mill.
- I looked in at the mill, saw the wear on the grindstone, awoke the morning next and - strangely - ordered that another be cut from my quarries up north.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Spain's War of Independence against Napoleon Bonaparte's French occupation was ignited by the popular revolt in Madrid on 2 May 1808 against the French army. With support from the Duke of Wellington, Spanish resistance continued for over five years in a guerra de guerrillas which gave the world the concept and the term guerrilla warfare. The autocratic Fernando VII was restored to the throne in 1814, and his first act was to abolish the progressive Constitution of Cadiz adopted in 1812.