Traducción de halo en español:
noun plural -los or -loes
- 1 (Art, Religion) your halo's slipping [humorous]estás perdiendo la aureola [humorous]Oraciones de ejemplo
- When used for human figures, the halo represents holiness or sanctity, and its iconography is developed to mark important distinctions between the figures represented.
- Egyptian sun disks became the halos of Catholic saints.
- Auras are not to be confused with the aureoles or halos of saints, which are devices of Christian iconography used to depict the radiance of light associated with divine infusion.
- 2 (Astronomy)Oraciones de ejemplo
- H.R.Madhusudan, Science Educator at the Planetarium, said ice crystals in the earth's atmosphere caused the solar halo.
- Blue Moons, Harvest Moons, halos, waxing, waning and lunacy - where do Moon superstitions come from and how many of them have a basis in fact?
- According to authorities, normal astronomical phenomena such as a solar halo, or the refraction of water are usually reported during the day.
- 3 (ring) [literary] a halo of golden hairun halo de cabellos dorados [literary]Oraciones de ejemplo
- So a halo appears around my available presence indicator, denoting ‘super interruptible’.
- Some analysts have even claimed the group of North American fund managers seeking change are ‘greenmailers with halos round their heads’.
- Gabe and Isaiah fought to look innocent so badly that I could almost see halos floating above their heads.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda