Traducción de hard en español:
adjective -er, -est
- 1 1.1 (firm, solid)(object/surface)to set hardto freeze hardendurecersehelarseOraciones de ejemplo1.2 (forceful)
(push/knock)Oraciones de ejemplo
- Some may insist you sleep on mats on hard floors to straighten out the spine, but they are in a minority.
- The volunteers used to sleep a dozen to a room on thin pallets laid out on the hard floor of their offices.
- My youngest daughter fell out of her high chair on to a hard floor.
- Danny had forced a hard kiss onto her roughly and now, he was standing there shocked.
- It then made several very long hard runs forcing me to give line and then play it back.
- The attack involved several hard blows to the side of the head and being punched in the face, according to Mr Dixon.
- 2 2.1 (difficult)(question/subject)(task)our prices are hard to beatsuch documents are hard to come bynuestros precios son imbatibleshe's hard to pleaseesos documentos son difíciles de conseguiryou'll have a hard time o job explaining that to heres difícil de complaceres exigenteit's hard for them to adaptte costará explicárseloI find that hard to believe to learn something the hard wayles cuesta adaptarse2.2 (severe) times are very hard for small businessmenaprender algo a base de cometer erroreshe had a hard time in the armycorren muy malos tiempos para los pequeños comerciantesto give somebody a hard timelo pasó mal en el ejércitoto be hardhacérselas pasar mal a alguien
onsomebody/somethingdon't be too hard on himit's hard on her to have to walk so farno seas demasiado duro con élhe's hard on his shoestener que ir tan lejos a pie es duro para ellasee also → hard-luck storyno le duran nada los zapatosdestroza los zapatos enseguidaOraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo2.3 (tough, cynical)
- Taylor considers himself to be something of a hard taskmaster but he has been delighted with the response of his players.
- Not only is it a hard taskmaster, insatiable in the demands it makes on its followers, it often saves the best till last.
- Gilbert is a hard taskmaster, but Murray certainly knew that before they got together.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- They say the crows nested twice this year as there will be no food to feed the young next spring due to the hard weather.
- Those words may have to console the goalkeeper through a long, hard winter.
- That's far too organised and impractical for us, though, as we have a long hard winter to get through.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Just a sniff of weakness and these hard men will grab the opportunity with both hands.
- If you look at the nature of people involved in gangs in Scotland, a lot of them would be regarded as being very hard people.
- Many a coach must have asked their resident hard man to successfully confront Johnson, but none have managed it.
- It is not only hard physical work that makes people exhausted, stress has a similar effect.
- In order to be successful with your career or your hobby, you have to put a lot of effort and hard work into it.
- Searching for new wrecks requires patience and sometimes hard choices.
- 3 3.1 (concentrated, strenuous) Ver ejemplos: we need to do some hard talking to sort this matter outto take a long hard look at somethingtenemos que hablar muy seriamente para resolver este asuntochildren are very hard work at that ageanalizar seriamente algoit's hard work getting him to do anythinglos niños dan mucho trabajo a esa edad3.2 (energetic) Ver ejemplos: he's a hard worker/fightercuesta conseguir que haga algoa hard drinkeres muy trabajador/luchadorun gran bebedor or (in Latin America also) tomador
- 4 (definite)(evidence)hard newsnoticias (feminine) concretasOraciones de ejemplo
- He urged investors to make their decisions based on hard information and not rumors.
- I, for one, would need a lot more hard information before I could make my mind up about it.
- There were constant rumours of further waves but there was no hard information as we had no radio or TV.
- 6 6.1 (in strongest forms) Ver ejemplos:a drop of the hard stuff [colloquial] [humorous]hard pornun traguito de algo fuerte6.2porno (masculine) duro(water)Oraciones de ejemplo6.3 (Linguistics)
(sound/consonant)Oraciones de ejemplo
- The dissolved salts in hard water have a similar effect, so soft water is advised.
- However, the water was so hard that it could be used only for washing and cleaning purposes.
- I live in a hard water area and am concerned about the build-up of scale in the central heating system.
Oraciones de ejemplo6.4 (Physics)
- The church basement is cold and hard morning light breaks through high windows.
- Looking out over this parched, shimmering landscape in the cold hard light of morning it's a miracle that anything survives here at all.
- We drive for a while and suddenly there is a loud, hard noise, and people run in all directions.
(radiation/gamma ray/X ray)Oraciones de ejemplo
- The shorter word with a hard consonant at it's face seemed most fitting.
- Even their name has no hard consonant sounds.
- Have you ever noticed how all the truly bigoted expressions are blessed with hard consonants?
- There's no air, there's hard radiation, there's poison in the ground below you and of course, it's between 100 and 150 degrees below in centigrade.
- I would think you'd need hard radiation to initiate the cascade, but that the decay product would be softer.
- While travelling through a medium, hard radiation produces charged particles.
adverb -er, -est
- 1 1.1 (with force)(pull/push)I hit her hardcon fuerzayou have to slam the door hardle pegué fuerteshe kept her foot hard down on the acceleratortienes que dar un portazo fuerteI threw the ball as hard as I couldsiguió pisando con fuerza el acelerador1.2 (strenuously)tiré la pelota con todas mis fuerzas(run)I was hard at workhe works his students very hardestaba concentrado en mi trabajowe've been saving hard for the triphace trabajar mucho a sus alumnosles exige mucho a sus alumnosno matter how hard I tryhemos estado ahorrando mucho or [colloquial] como locos para el viajeI think you're trying too hardpor más que me esfuerzoif you wish for it hard enough, it will come truecreo que te lo tienes que tomar con más calmathink hard before you decidesi lo deseas con todas tus fuerzas, se hará realidadI'd think very hard before committing myselfpiénsalo muy bien antes de decidirto be hard put o (in British English also) pushed to +(me) lo pensaría dos veces antes de comprometerme
infinitiveyou'd be hard put (to it) to find a better doctorI'd be hard put to remember their namessería difícil encontrar un médico mejorme pondrías en un aprieto si me preguntaras cómo se llamanOraciones de ejemplo1.3 (intently)
(listen)we'll have to look hard at their proposalscon atencióntendremos que estudiar seriamente sus propuestasOraciones de ejemplo
- The match was hard fought with chances being missed by both sides.
- He's been training so hard and we're all really proud of the effort he's making.
- They worked hard all week and it was a great all-round team effort to win it.
- When the wind and rain blew hard they were forced to use all their strength just to keep from going overboard.
- The girl nodded at Simon and punched him so hard he was forced into one of the dirt walls.
- The car hit the kerb so hard the wheels were ripped off and split in two.
- 3 (severely) Ver ejemplos: the southern states have been hardest hither death hit him very hardlos estados del sur han sido los más afectadosto take something hardsu muerte lo afectó muchísimo or fue un duro golpe para élto be/feel hard done byshe thinks she has been o she feels hard done bytomarse algo muy malpiensa que la han tratado injustamente
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Ayuda gramatical y de uso para el español:
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Malasia
Muy popular en India
Muy popular en Pakistán
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Mezcal is an alcoholic drink similar to