Traducción de heavy en español:
adjective -vier, -viest
- 1 1.1 (weighty)(load/suitcase/weight)
pesado(saucepan)it's very heavy
de fondo gruesoes muy pesadothe tree was heavy with fruit
pesa muchoel árbol estaba cargado de frutaher eyelids were heavy with sleepse le cerraban los ojos de sueñomy legs felt heavyme pesaban las piernasheavy goods vehiclevehículo (masculine) (de carga) de gran tonelajeconditions were heavy underfootel terreno estaba enlodadoheavy worktrabajo (masculine) pesadothe steering on this car is rather heavyeste coche tiene la dirección muy duraOraciones de ejemplo1.2 (thick) a heavy gold chain
una cadena gruesa de oroa pair of heavy bootsun par de botas fuertes1.3 (solid)(bread/cake/meal)
- For example, if some of your employees must lift or move heavy objects, make sure they have the proper equipment to do so.
- Many back injuries occur because we lift or move heavy objects without adequate stabilizing strength.
- Instead, we helped him feed his cat, get his mail, and move furniture deemed too heavy to lift by his doctor.
pesadoOraciones de ejemplo1.4 (large-scale) (before noun)
- All too often, bread pudding is too heavy and solid, but I could have gone for another slice of this stuff.
- Melons should not be eaten with heavy foods like cheese, deep-fried foods or the heavier grains.
- They both cook the usual northern dishes, particularly the heavy meat and vegetable stews suited to their cold winters.
pesadoOraciones de ejemplo
- It is not a strong action and should not be subjected to loads that are anywhere near the heavy class.
- At the championship the Bulgarian team will defend its titles in the heavy categories, which are scheduled for the end of the week.
- Every fourth pair will carry the heavy grade weapons.
- 2 2.1 (ponderous)(tread/footstep/movement/fall)
caído(sarcasm/irony)a man of medium height and heavy build
poco sutilun hombre fornido de estatura medianaa heavy hintuna indirecta muy directa [humorous]he has rather a heavy touches poco delicadoOraciones de ejemplo2.3 (Physics) (before noun)
- The site will be suitable for all ages, and will not feature heavy language.
- Never one for preamble, his heavy features were hawklike with concentration.
- As they rushed by, Mark glanced their faces, which were characterized by heavy Mexican features.
pesadoOraciones de ejemplo
- The nuclei of heavy isotopes are rich in neutrons, which dominate their nuclear surface.
- Finally, you build an atom smasher and physically knock helium nuclei from some heavy atoms.
- Why are there usually more neutrons than protons in a heavy element?
- 3 3.1 (oppressive)(clouds/sky)
pesado(perfume)a heavy silence
fuerteun silencio violento or embarazosoto be heavy
withsomethingestar cargadoan atmosphere heavy with suspicion dealgouna atmósfera cargada de sospecha3.2 (loud)(sigh)heavy breather [colloquial]
profundomaníaco (masculine) telefónicoOraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo3.3 (dark)
- Very quickly, it became obvious that this was a trap, and they'd been set up for a heavy amount of damage.
- However, that cut, despite the heavy amount of damage dealt to it, ceased to bleed and scabbed over.
- The guard wore a heavy amount of armor that made him seem massive in size.
(shading)in heavy type
- A heavy smoker, he had been suffering from lung cancer.
- In fact, children of heavy smokers are often fervent anti-smokers.
- Long-term heavy smokers remain at significant risk of getting lung cancer.
fuerteen negrita3.4 (sad)triste
apesadumbrado [literary]Oraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo3.5 (earnest) it makes very heavy reading
- A long silence weighs heavy with the major decisions he has made in his life.
- His voice is heavy with sarcasm, and it strikes me like a punch, hard and fast.
- Her voice was heavy with sarcasm, and annoyance flashed briefly in her eyes.
resulta muy pesado de leerwe got into a really heavy argument about abortionnos enzarzamos en una discusión muy seria sobre el abortoOraciones de ejemplo
- Instead, there was sadness and a heavy heart about the decision that lies ahead of him.
- He laments on this with heavy heart because his brother had died in the mean time and he is yet to meet his granddaughter.
- She concluded chapter 4, her vision going fuzzy and a heavy ache in her heart; homesickness.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Avoid being heavy and serious as a playful attitude allows you to feel unburdened and free.
- It's best to adopt a light attitude especially in serious, heavy matters and remain in touch with your sense of humour.
- There are no deep theories here about world events, or heavy discussion of causes and solutions.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The thick heavy grey smoke lingered among the branches and prevented the flowers and buds from being burned by frost.
- Before touching the cat, cover her head with a thick blanket or heavy towel to protect yourself from being bitten.
- They could see an immense mountain that stretched up into heavy thick clouds.
- Within the heavy smell of must there was the slightest fragrance of perfume.
- OK, so they didn't really cancel the race, but boy, a lot of people were left wishing they had, and there was a heavy smell of dead fish.
- The heavy smell of perfume and sweat in the locker room hit me as I went through the two doors.
- 4 4.1 (intense)(rain)
cuantioso(crop)to be a heavy drinker/smoker
abundantebeber/fumar muchohe's a heavy sleepertiene el sueño pesadoheavy sea attendance has been very heavy
duerme muy profundamentela asistencia ha sido muy numerosatrading was heavy on the stock exchange todayhoy hubo mucho movimiento en la bolsademand for these products is heavyhay una gran demanda por estos productosI've got a heavy coldtengo un resfriado muy fuerteheavy emphasis is placed on the importance of training
estoy muy resfriadase hace gran hincapié en la importancia de la capacitación4.2 (severe)(sentence/penalty)
numerosograndes or cuantiosas pérdidasshe paid a heavy price for her arrogancepagó cara su arrogancia4.3 (demanding, onerous)(responsibility/task)
pesado(schedule)I've had a heavy day at work [colloquial]
apretadohe tenido un día de mucho trabajoto be heavy on somethingthe children are very heavy on their shoeslos niños son muy destrozones de zapatosthis car is very heavy on oileste coche gasta mucho aceiteOraciones de ejemplo4.4 (difficult) [slang]she has a pretty heavy time
las pasa moradas or negras [colloquial]things got kind of heavylas cosas se pusieron feas [colloquial]Oraciones de ejemplo4.5 (violent) [slang] the heavy mob moved in
- Searching through 38 articles in five volumes is heavy physical work.
- Ergonomic improvements have eliminated heavy physical labor from the factory floor.
- Women and men do heavy physical labor; however, domestic work is an exclusively female domain.
entraron los matonesOraciones de ejemplo
- This book is a heavy work that attempts to carry the weight of the world upon its existential shoulders.
- The actress/director known for heavy works with a concentration on dense language, has had two projects this month marked by a lightness of approach and a delight in humorous details.
- The freezing conditions on Saturday were tough for the two teams as heavy rain fell for spells making the surface very wet and slippy.
- But they were kept guessing by the weather until the day itself, with heavy rain falling during the days in the run-up to the event.
- And obviously with the fairly heavy rain that had fallen it was very soft underfoot.
- to lie/hang/weigh heavy on somebody/something [literary]pesar sobre alguien/algo [literary]time hung heavy on her handslas horas se le hacían eternas or muy largaslentils lie very heavy on your stomachlas lentejas son muy pesadas or indigestasOraciones de ejemplo
- Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
- Both were breathing pretty heavy, and not to mention, a couple of people were staring from different tables.
- They climbed quick and sure, breathing heavy in the thinning air.
noun plural -vies
- 1 1.1 (strong-arm man) 1.2 (Theater)Oraciones de ejemplo
- They hire heavies to drive minibuses and intimidate our picket lines.
- From the casino floor, you go through a door in the corner of the casino, guarded by a heavy.
- By ‘real’ stress I mean when the bank heavies are actually knocking on your door and it's pay up time on the arrears on the house payments.
- 2 [colloquial] 2.1 (important person) 2.2 (newspaper)(British English)
periódico (masculine) serio [colloquial]Oraciones de ejemplo
- Our list includes interesting cases with big names involving celebrities, political heavies and anyone else of notoriety.
- It is unfair is when a team struggling for survival faces a foe loaded with contracted players, and the following week another club, also facing relegation, finds them stripped of the heavies and manages a win.
- If the Indonesian judiciary really can be influenced by political heavies, this is one occasion when I hope such influence is exerted.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda