Traducción de hedge en español:
- 1 you look as if you've been dragged through a hedge backwards¡qué pinta(s) traes! [colloquial]parece que vinieras de la guerraOraciones de ejemplo
- High walls, fences, thorny hedges and bushes can all put off burglars but make sure the front of your home is visible to passers-by
- Tall shrubs, hedges, or vine-covered fences make a detached patio private.
- As the hedge grows, prune the sides so the bottom is slightly wider than the top to prevent the upper limbs from shading the lower ones.
- 2 (safeguard) Ver ejemplos:a hedge
againstsomethingas a hedge against inflationuna salvaguardia or cobertura contraalgocomo salvaguardia or cobertura contra la inflaciónOraciones de ejemplo
- So, as beautiful as the yellow metal might be, gold is neither a hedge against inflation nor a protection against uncertainty.
- The savings ratio is also influenced by inflation (rising prices), because people feel a greater need to save as a hedge against higher inflation.
- Experts nevertheless recommend that sophisticated investors have some gold in their portfolio not only as a hedge against inflation, but also as a way to control risk.
- 1.1(field/garden)1.2 (Finance) (investments)to hedge something (
againstsomething)→ bet 1 2cubrir or proteger algo ( contraalgo)Oraciones de ejemplo
- At the junction of these roads was a fairly large field hedged all round.
- But the further south I got in England, the more the land was fenced in and hedged off.
- The floor area is shortly to be fenced to a height of three feet, then hedged and landscaped and when completed will be only facility of its kind in football and hopefully used for the promotion of the game in local schools.
- 1.1 (evade the issue)1.2 (Finance) (cover oneself) Ver ejemplos:to hedgedar rodeostratar de escaparse por la tangente
againstsomethingcubrirse or protegerse contraalgoOraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo
- But how can investors hedge against rising commodity prices?
- I prefer to own these bonds in equal parts to hedge against a loss in the value of the U.S. dollar.
- Taking into account the worst scenario of a further rise in property prices, is there any kind of investment that I can hedge against this with my cash after the sale?
- Note that we're not hedging that statement - it will happen.
- ‘I've been busy,’ I hedged, trying to avoid eye contact.
- Under a storm of protest, Sontag at first hedged and then eventually dodged the issue.
Verbos con partícula
- to be hedged about
- 1.1 (with hedge)
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Malasia
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
ESO (Educación Secundaria Obligatoria) is one of the stages of secondary education established in Spain by the