Traducción de hedge en español:
- 1 seto (masculine) (verde or vivo) you look as if you've been dragged through a hedge backwards ¡qué pinta(s) traes! [colloquial/familiar], parece que vinieras de la guerraExample sentences
- High walls, fences, thorny hedges and bushes can all put off burglars but make sure the front of your home is visible to passers-by
- Tall shrubs, hedges, or vine-covered fences make a detached patio private.
- As the hedge grows, prune the sides so the bottom is slightly wider than the top to prevent the upper limbs from shading the lower ones.
- 2 (safeguard) a hedge
againststh una salvaguardia or cobertura contraalgo as a hedge against inflation como salvaguardia or cobertura contra la inflaciónExample sentences
- So, as beautiful as the yellow metal might be, gold is neither a hedge against inflation nor a protection against uncertainty.
- The savings ratio is also influenced by inflation (rising prices), because people feel a greater need to save as a hedge against higher inflation.
- Experts nevertheless recommend that sophisticated investors have some gold in their portfolio not only as a hedge against inflation, but also as a way to control risk.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
Verbos con partícula
hedge aboutverb + object + adverb/verbo + complemento + adverbio (usually passive/normalmente en voz pasiva) to be hedged about
hedge inverb + object + adverb, verb + adverb + object/verbo + complemento + adverbio, verbo + adverbio + complemento 1.1 (with hedge) cercar* ([ con seto ]) 1.2 (with restrictions, difficulties) (often passive/frecuentemente en voz pasiva) I felt hedged in by rules and regulations me sentía muy limitado or constreñido or atado por toda la normativa
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The Distrito Federal is a district of central Mexico, the seat of the federal government. It includes most of Mexico City and its suburbs, and comes under the direct supervision of the Mexican president.