- 1 seto (masculine) (verde or vivo) you look as if you've been dragged through a hedge backwards ¡qué pinta(s) traes! [colloquial/familiar], parece que vinieras de la guerraMás ejemplos en oraciones
- High walls, fences, thorny hedges and bushes can all put off burglars but make sure the front of your home is visible to passers-by
- Tall shrubs, hedges, or vine-covered fences make a detached patio private.
- As the hedge grows, prune the sides so the bottom is slightly wider than the top to prevent the upper limbs from shading the lower ones.
- 2 (safeguard) a hedge
againststh una salvaguardia or cobertura contraalgo as a hedge against inflation como salvaguardia or cobertura contra la inflaciónMás ejemplos en oraciones
- So, as beautiful as the yellow metal might be, gold is neither a hedge against inflation nor a protection against uncertainty.
- The savings ratio is also influenced by inflation (rising prices), because people feel a greater need to save as a hedge against higher inflation.
- Experts nevertheless recommend that sophisticated investors have some gold in their portfolio not only as a hedge against inflation, but also as a way to control risk.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
Verbos con partícula
hedge aboutverb + object + adverb/verbo + complemento + adverbio (usually passive/normalmente en voz pasiva) to be hedged about
hedge inverb + object + adverb, verb + adverb + object/verbo + complemento + adverbio, verbo + adverbio + complemento 1.1 (with hedge) cercar* ([ con seto ]) 1.2 (with restrictions, difficulties) (often passive/frecuentemente en voz pasiva) I felt hedged in by rules and regulations me sentía muy limitado or constreñido or atado por toda la normativa
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Did you know that the primary meaning of almuerzo is lunch? It is used only in this sense in most of Latin America. In Spain and Mexico, where comida is the usual word for lunch, almuerzo can also be a mid-morning snack.