noun/nombre(American English/inglés norteamericano)
- 1.1 (social gathering)[ reunión social donde se baila danzas folklóricas ]Más ejemplos en oraciones1.2 (square dance) cuadrilla (feminine)
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Then the couple were off to their ranch in Bromley Common for a hoedown to celebrate with 150 guests including many family members.
- Whether you hold a harvest hoedown or a stylish sit-down dinner party for eight, fall for outside entertaining this autumn!
- Saturday night and country roads led us to Washington County's Food Farm, where event planner extraordinaire Bob Sendall hosted a haute hoedown that attracted 200 city slickers to the rural retreat.
- Also, at least in many rural communities, the square dance and hoedown are still around, even if chiefly on that life support of a special evening of ‘Western’ dancing.
- Dinner is usually a buffet or served family-style; at some dinners you'll be treated to live entertainment such as mellow folk songs or a merry hoedown.
- After they arrived in Louisiana, Anglo-American immigrants to Louisiana contributed new fiddle tunes and dances, such as reels, jigs, and hoedowns.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Spain had three civil wars known as the guerras carlistas (1833-39, 1860, 1872-76). When Fernando VII died in 1833, he was succeeded not by his brother the Infante Don Carlos de Borbón, but by his daughter Isabel, under the regency of her mother María Cristina. This provoked a mainly northern-Spanish revolt, with local guerrillas pitted against the forces of the central government. The Carlist Wars were also a confrontation between conservative rural Catholic Spain, especially the Basque provinces and Aragón, led by the carlistas, and the progressive liberal urban middle classes allied with the army. Carlos died in 1855, but the carlistas, representing political and religious traditionalism, supported his descendants' claims until reconciliation in 1977 with King Juan Carlos.