Traducción de home en español:
- 1 uncountable and countable (of person) 1.1 (dwelling) she has a beautiful home (especially American English)to own one's own hometiene una casa preciosahaven't you got a home to go to?tener casa propiathese pictures are brought to your homes by satellite¿no te esperan en casa?marital homeestas imágenes llegan a sus hogares vía satélitesee also→ at home, → home 1 3domicilio (masculine) conyugalOraciones de ejemplo1.2 (in wider sense) Ver ejemplos: New York's been my home since I was 12
they made their home in Germanyhe vivido en Nueva York desde que tenía 12 añosmy family's home is in Californiase establecieron en Alemaniafijaron su residencia en Alemania [formal]I still think of England as homemi familia vive en Californiathose little touches that make a house a homepara mí Inglaterra sigue siendo mi patriahome sweet homeesos pequeños detalles que convierten una casa en un hogarthere's no place like homehogar dulce hogarto leave homecomo en casa no se está en ningún sitiohave you heard from home?irse de casahe lived/worked away from home for a year¿te han escrito de tu casa ( or país etc)?not only in the Third World, but also much closer to homevivió/trabajó fuera un añothose remarks were uncomfortably close to homeno solo en el Tercer Mundo sino también mucho más cerca de nosotrosa home away from home o (British English) a home from homeesos comentarios me ( or le etc) tocaban muy de cercahome is where the heart isuna segunda casahome is where he hangs his hatel verdadero hogar está donde uno tiene a los suyos1.3 (family environment) she comes from a good homeno tiene raíces en ningún sitioshe made a home for her brotherses de buena familiase crió en un buen hogarfue como una madre para sus hermanosOraciones de ejemplo
- The eye of Hurricane Charley passed directly over the Family Life Center, my home, and the homes of our staff members.
- In the Bantul district to the south, villagers told of trying to rescue family members before homes collapsed.
- This initiative is designed to help military families repair and maintain their homes while family members are on active duty.
- White, who came from a good home, managed to spend a fair amount of his life at a host of federal and state penitentiaries.
- Kimberley left the matrimonial home on August 1, 2000.
- The idea is that each visiting student is welcomed into the home as a member of the family.
- 2 countable 2.1 (of object, group, institution) Ver ejemplos: Spain is the home of flamencothe home of the microchip industryEspaña es la tierra del flamencowe're looking for a permanent home for the collectionel centro de la industria de los microchipscan you find a home for these files somewhere? [colloquial]estamos buscando un lugar para albergar permanentemente la colección2.2 (of animal, plant) (Botany, Zoology) an owl had made its home in the barna ver si encuentras dónde guardar estos archivosun búho se había instalado en el pajarOraciones de ejemplo
- The east Midlands, south-eastern England, and East Anglia were home to the most advanced arable farming in the British Isles.
- Los Angeles is the home of rock 'n roll.
- For instance, to complete the Slam, I had to win at St. Andrews, the home of golf.
- 3at home 3.1 (in house)I'll be at home after sixen casaif anybody calls, I'm not at homeestaré en casa después de las seisMrs Jones is at home on Tuesdayssi alguien llama, di que no estoy (en casa)she works and her husband stays at homela sra Jones recibe los marteshe's got problems at homeella trabaja y su marido se ocupa de la casawhat's that when it's at home? [colloquial]tiene problemas familiares3.2 (at ease) Ver ejemplos: sit down, make yourself at home¿y eso con qué se come? [colloquial]to feel at home with somebodysiéntate y ponte cómodo, estás en tu casaI don't feel at home with the new camera yetencontrarse or sentirse a gusto con alguienshe's more at home with an electric drill than a sewing machinetodavía no me he hecho a la nueva máquina fotográficahe's entirely at home in Spanishestá más en lo suyo con un taladro que con una máquina de coser3.3 (not abroad, in one's country) Ver ejemplos: his popularity at homehabla español con total fluidezpeople eat later at homesu popularidad en su paísat home and abroaden mi país se come más tarde3.4 (on own ground) (Sport)dentro y fuera del paísaquí y en el extranjeroto be/play at homeen casaSpain is at home to Francejugar en casaEspaña juega en casa contra FranciaOraciones de ejemplo
- Here are 14 sample bets, set out on eight example coupons, for all types of bets including homes, aways, draws, correct scores, and double results.
- 4 countable (institution)also: children's homecentro (masculine) de acogida de menoreshogar (masculine) de niñosalso: old people's homedogs' home (British English)Oraciones de ejemplo
- Yorkshire Care Developments Ltd is taking the action in protest at what it claims are inadequate fees paid to homes for the care of elderly and vulnerable people.
- Four years ago, the former Queensland governor delivered a landmark report into the State's institutional homes.
- The first was a specialized adoption agency; the others were commercial maternity homes.
- 5 (Sport) 5.1 uncountable (the finish) we're not far from home now5.2 countable (in baseball) → home plateya nos estamos acercando a la metaOraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Angels RF Tim Salmon had drifted off third base, anticipating a break for home.
- Santa rounded third and headed for home, as the shortstop finally came to his senses and threw a perfect peg to catcher Garcia.
- After kicking 300m from home to beat Garcia in 7:40.97 seconds, Gebrselassie admitted the fast pace had been a challenge.
- Sir Rembrandt made a mistake at the fifth fence from home which proved costly to his challenge but he battled on to claim second spot.
- The leader gave way to Daliapour over three furlongs out as rider Johnny Murtagh drove for home for all he was worth.
- 1 1.1 (where one lives)(come/arrive)it's time to go home nowa casaI'll be home at fiveya es hora de irse ( or irnos etc) a casahe's bringing her homeestaré en casa a las cincoon the way homela va a traer a casato see somebody homede camino a casato send somebody homeacompañar a alguien a casaI had to send home for some dry clothesmandar a alguien a casaI haven't written home yettuve que mandar buscar ropa seca a casanothing to write home abouttodavía no he escrito a (mi) casa1.2 (from abroad) Ver ejemplos: we've already booked our passage homenada del otro mundo or [colloquial] del otro juevesto come home from abroadya hemos reservado nuestro pasaje de vueltaYankees/Reds go homevolver del extranjerothe folks back home (American English)yanquis/rojos fuera (de aquí)yanquis/rojos go homela familiaOraciones de ejemplo
- The defendant replied that he did not have the money on him and his wife would not be home until later that night.
- She left home on Saturday night dressed all in black and gave no indication where she was going or when she might return.
- My mom was home for the first time in weeks.
- 2 2.1 (to the finish) (Sport)the first horse/runner home2.2 (successful) Ver ejemplos: once they agree terms we'll be more or less homeel primer caballo/corredor en llegar a la metato be home free o (British English) home and dryuna vez que hayan aceptado las condiciones, el trato es prácticamente un hechotener la victoria aseguradaOraciones de ejemplo
- The application of blinkers worked a treat on this filly at Ayr last time when she romped home by eight lengths in a maiden race.
- Although the smart winner was far too good that day, Lisdante ran an honourable race to lead home the remainder.
- La Chunga runs away with the race to lead home a one-two for trainer Jeremy Noseda.
- 3 (to desired place) Ver ejemplos: he knocked the staples home with a hammerthere was a clunk as the bolt went homeclavó las grapas en su sitio con un martilloto get something home to somebodyse oyó un golpe sordo al encajar el cerrojo en su sitiosee also → drive home → strike homehacerle entender algo a alguien
adjective (before noun)
- 1.1(address/telephone number)(background/environment)(cooking/perm)give me your home numberhome comfortsdame el teléfono de tu casa or tu teléfono particularthe risk of a home delivery (Medicine)comodidades (feminine plural)two days' home leavelos riesgos de dar a luz en casahome visit (by doctor) (British English) 1.2 (of origin) Ver ejemplos: home country home salesdos días de permisohome state (in US)ventas (feminine plural) nacionales or internas1.3 (not foreign)estado (masculine) natal or de procedencia(affairs/market)how are things on the home front?sales on the home front¿qué tal marcha todo en casa?home waterslas ventas a nivel nacionalOraciones de ejemplo1.4 (Sport)
(team)de casa(game)the home crowden casato have home advantagelos seguidores del equipo local or de casaon its home groundjugar en casahome winen su propio terrenovictoria (feminine) en casaOraciones de ejemplo
- They fixed their policy in relation to that of the home market and home government.
- For it is always easier for true natives to experience the excitement of other cultures on their home turf.
- Citizenship of the Union was to be established and close co-operation on justice and home affairs was to be developed.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Rather sportingly the home team took two men off the field to even up the numbers, not that it made much difference.
- Now you can have a bunch of guys on the visiting team who used to be on the home team.
- At the outset Silsden were put under pressure by the home side who were playing down the slope.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- He made a huge impression and was adored by home fans because he was a local boy.
- Their square has been relaid so local experience of how the pitch plays will be a home advantage.
- On home ground Clane were the first to open the scoring with a well taken point.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Estate agents told the Saturday Dispatch most home buyers did not look properly through houses they intended to buy.
- Martin's funeral took place to his home parish at the weekend.
- The President pledges to work hard to ensure more home ownership.
- They can also access and work on their school files from home computers.
- During their visit his mother tried to fatten her up on good home cooking.
- In the next two to five years, you'll see the computer and your home television set merging.
Verbos con partícula
- to home in (
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en India
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In some parts of Spain, the name given to a weekly open-air flea market where all kinds of items are sold is a rastro. The name El Rastro as such refers to a very big market of this type held in Madrid at weekends.