Traducción de home en español:
- 1 uncountable or countable (of person) 1.1 (dwelling) she has a beautiful home (especially American English)tiene una casa preciosato own one's own hometener casa propiahaven't you got a home to go to?¿no te esperan en casa?these pictures are brought to your homes by satelliteestas imágenes llegan a sus hogares vía satélitemarital homedomicilio (masculine) conyugalsee also→ at home, → home 1 3Oraciones de ejemplo1.2 (in wider sense) New York's been my home since I was 12
he vivido en Nueva York desde que tenía 12 añosthey made their home in Germanyse establecieron en Alemaniamy family's home is in California
- The eye of Hurricane Charley passed directly over the Family Life Center, my home, and the homes of our staff members.
- In the Bantul district to the south, villagers told of trying to rescue family members before homes collapsed.
- This initiative is designed to help military families repair and maintain their homes while family members are on active duty.
fijaron su residencia en Alemania [formal]mi familia vive en CaliforniaI still think of England as homepara mí Inglaterra sigue siendo mi patriathose little touches that make a house a homeesos pequeños detalles que convierten una casa en un hogarhome sweet homehogar dulce hogarthere's no place like homecomo en casa no se está en ningún sitioto leave homeirse de casahave you heard from home?¿te han escrito de tu casa ( or país etc)?he lived/worked away from home for a yearvivió/trabajó fuera un añonot only in the Third World, but also much closer to homeno solo en el Tercer Mundo sino también mucho más cerca de nosotrosthose remarks were uncomfortably close to homeesos comentarios me ( or le etc) tocaban muy de cercaa home away from home o (British English) a home from homeuna segunda casahome is where the heart isel verdadero hogar está donde uno tiene a los suyoshome is where he hangs his hatno tiene raíces en ningún sitio1.3 (family environment) she comes from a good homees de buena familiashe made a home for her brothers
se crió en un buen hogarfue como una madre para sus hermanosOraciones de ejemplo
- White, who came from a good home, managed to spend a fair amount of his life at a host of federal and state penitentiaries.
- Kimberley left the matrimonial home on August 1, 2000.
- The idea is that each visiting student is welcomed into the home as a member of the family.
- 2 countable 2.1 (of object, group, institution) Spain is the home of flamencoEspaña es la tierra del flamencothe home of the microchip industryel centro de la industria de los microchipswe're looking for a permanent home for the collectionestamos buscando un lugar para albergar permanentemente la coleccióncan you find a home for these files somewhere? [colloquial]a ver si encuentras dónde guardar estos archivos2.2 (of animal, plant) (Botany, Zoology) an owl had made its home in the barnun búho se había instalado en el pajarOraciones de ejemplo
- The east Midlands, south-eastern England, and East Anglia were home to the most advanced arable farming in the British Isles.
- Los Angeles is the home of rock 'n roll.
- For instance, to complete the Slam, I had to win at St. Andrews, the home of golf.
- 3at home 3.1 (in house)en casaI'll be at home after sixestaré en casa después de las seisif anybody calls, I'm not at homesi alguien llama, di que no estoy (en casa)Mrs Jones is at home on Tuesdaysla sra Jones recibe los martesshe works and her husband stays at homeella trabaja y su marido se ocupa de la casahe's got problems at hometiene problemas familiareswhat's that when it's at home? [colloquial]¿y eso con qué se come? [colloquial]3.2 (at ease) sit down, make yourself at homesiéntate y ponte cómodo, estás en tu casato feel at home with somebodyencontrarse or sentirse a gusto con alguienI don't feel at home with the new camera yettodavía no me he hecho a la nueva máquina fotográficashe's more at home with an electric drill than a sewing machineestá más en lo suyo con un taladro que con una máquina de coserhe's entirely at home in Spanishhabla español con total fluidez3.3 (not abroad, in one's country) his popularity at homesu popularidad en su paíspeople eat later at homeen mi país se come más tardeat home and abroaddentro y fuera del país3.4 (on own ground) (Sport)
aquí y en el extranjeroen casato be/play at homejugar en casaSpain is at home to FranceEspaña juega en casa contra FranciaOraciones de ejemplo
- Here are 14 sample bets, set out on eight example coupons, for all types of bets including homes, aways, draws, correct scores, and double results.
- 4 countable (institution)also: children's homecentro (masculine) de acogida de menores
hogar (masculine) de niñosalso: old people's homedogs' home (British English)Oraciones de ejemplo
- Yorkshire Care Developments Ltd is taking the action in protest at what it claims are inadequate fees paid to homes for the care of elderly and vulnerable people.
- Four years ago, the former Queensland governor delivered a landmark report into the State's institutional homes.
- The first was a specialized adoption agency; the others were commercial maternity homes.
- 5 (Sport) 5.1 uncountable (the finish) we're not far from home nowya nos estamos acercando a la metaOraciones de ejemplo5.2 countable (in baseball) → home plate
Oraciones de ejemplo
- After kicking 300m from home to beat Garcia in 7:40.97 seconds, Gebrselassie admitted the fast pace had been a challenge.
- Sir Rembrandt made a mistake at the fifth fence from home which proved costly to his challenge but he battled on to claim second spot.
- The leader gave way to Daliapour over three furlongs out as rider Johnny Murtagh drove for home for all he was worth.
- Angels RF Tim Salmon had drifted off third base, anticipating a break for home.
- Santa rounded third and headed for home, as the shortstop finally came to his senses and threw a perfect peg to catcher Garcia.
- 1 1.1 (where one lives)(come/arrive)it's time to go home now
a casaya es hora de irse ( or irnos etc) a casaI'll be home at fiveestaré en casa a las cincohe's bringing her homela va a traer a casaon the way homede camino a casato see somebody homeacompañar a alguien a casato send somebody homemandar a alguien a casaI had to send home for some dry clothestuve que mandar buscar ropa seca a casaI haven't written home yettodavía no he escrito a (mi) casanothing to write home aboutnada del otro mundo or [colloquial] del otro juevesOraciones de ejemplo1.2 (from abroad) we've already booked our passage home
ya hemos reservado nuestro pasaje de vueltato come home from abroadvolver del extranjeroYankees/Reds go homeyanquis/rojos fuera (de aquí)the folks back home (American English)
- The defendant replied that he did not have the money on him and his wife would not be home until later that night.
- She left home on Saturday night dressed all in black and gave no indication where she was going or when she might return.
- My mom was home for the first time in weeks.
yanquis/rojos go homela familia
- 2 2.1 (to the finish) (Sport)the first horse/runner homeel primer caballo/corredor en llegar a la metaOraciones de ejemplo2.2 (successful) once they agree terms we'll be more or less home
una vez que hayan aceptado las condiciones, el trato es prácticamente un hechoto be home free o (British English) home and drytener la victoria asegurada
- The application of blinkers worked a treat on this filly at Ayr last time when she romped home by eight lengths in a maiden race.
- Although the smart winner was far too good that day, Lisdante ran an honourable race to lead home the remainder.
- La Chunga runs away with the race to lead home a one-two for trainer Jeremy Noseda.
- 3 (to desired place) he knocked the staples home with a hammerclavó las grapas en su sitio con un martillothere was a clunk as the bolt went homese oyó un golpe sordo al encajar el cerrojo en su sitioto get something home to somebodyhacerle entender algo a alguiensee also→ drive home → strike home etc
adjective before noun
- 1(address/telephone number)
familiar(cooking/perm)give me your home number
caserodame el teléfono de tu casa or tu teléfono particularhome comfortscomodidades (feminine plural)the risk of a home delivery (Medicine)los riesgos de dar a luz en casatwo days' home leavedos días de permisohome visit (by doctor) (British English)Oraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Estate agents told the Saturday Dispatch most home buyers did not look properly through houses they intended to buy.
- Martin's funeral took place to his home parish at the weekend.
- The President pledges to work hard to ensure more home ownership.
- They can also access and work on their school files from home computers.
- During their visit his mother tried to fatten her up on good home cooking.
- In the next two to five years, you'll see the computer and your home television set merging.
- 2 (of origin) home country home salesventas (feminine plural) nacionales or internashome state (in US)estado (masculine) natal or de procedencia
- 3 (not foreign)(affairs/market)how are things on the home front?
nacional¿qué tal marcha todo en casa?sales on the home frontlas ventas a nivel nacionalhome watersOraciones de ejemplo
- They fixed their policy in relation to that of the home market and home government.
- For it is always easier for true natives to experience the excitement of other cultures on their home turf.
- Citizenship of the Union was to be established and close co-operation on justice and home affairs was to be developed.
- 4 (Sport)(team)
local(game)the home crowd
en casalos seguidores del equipo local or de casato have home advantagejugar en casaon its home grounden su propio terrenohome winvictoria (feminine) en casaOraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Rather sportingly the home team took two men off the field to even up the numbers, not that it made much difference.
- Now you can have a bunch of guys on the visiting team who used to be on the home team.
- At the outset Silsden were put under pressure by the home side who were playing down the slope.
- He made a huge impression and was adored by home fans because he was a local boy.
- Their square has been relaid so local experience of how the pitch plays will be a home advantage.
- On home ground Clane were the first to open the scoring with a well taken point.
Verbos con partícula
- to home in (
los bombarderos localizaron or (in Latin America also) ubicaron su objetivo y se dirigieron hacia élshe homed in on his lack of experience
hizo hincapié en su falta de experienciathe conference homed in on the issue of unemployment
el congreso se centró en el problema del desempleo
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda