transitive verb/verbo transitivo (-gg-)
- 1.1 [person/doll/cushion] abrazar* I hugged my knees to my chest me apreté las rodillas contra el pecho to hug oneself felicitarse, congratularseMás ejemplos en oraciones
Más ejemplos en oraciones1.2 (keep close to) ir* pegado a the boat hugged the shore el barco avanzaba pegado a la costa
- He turned around to face her and she drew closer to him, hugging him tightly, kissing him on the cheek.
- He hugged me tightly, kissed me and I'm sure he smelled my hair as he rubbed my back.
- I smiled and squeezed the person that was hugging me affectionately.
Más ejemplos en oraciones1.3 (cling to) [literary/literario] I hugged the thought to myself me guardé el pensamiento
- He hunched his legs up to his body and hugged them tightly to his chest as the night wind tore across him.
- Angstrom pulls his legs up close to his body, hugging them tightly.
- She quickly crawled against the railing and sobbed, grabbing her knees against her, hugging it tightly for comfort.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- We took Highway 1 along the spectacular Pacific coast south of Monterey, the road hugging close to the cliffside.
- It includes two passes over the classic Whaanga Coast test, which hugs the Tasman Sea coastline and is rated by many as the best stage in the entire championship.
- The Denver Universal Spaceport was right on the coast of the Pacific Ocean, hugging the Colorado Island coastline.
- He is proud of his ability to do this work by himself and tells about his day's routine all the while hugging a secret that he will share with his family in the evening.
- Alone on her mountain, Deanna is hugging a secret.
- abrazo (masculine) to give sb a hug abrazar* or darle* un abrazo a algn
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Did you know that the primary meaning of almuerzo is lunch? It is used only in this sense in most of Latin America. In Spain and Mexico, where comida is the usual word for lunch, almuerzo can also be a mid-morning snack.