Traducción de humble en español:
- 1.1 (lowly, unpretentious) [origins/cottage/folk] humilde, modesto he worked as a humble office clerk era un humilde empleado de oficinaExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 (meek, unassuming) [person] modesto, humilde in my humble opinion en mi modesta or humilde opinión your humble servant (at end of letter) [formal] [dated/anticuado] su seguro servidor [formal] [anticuado] (in speech) [liter or hum], un servidor/una servidora [anticuado] [humorous/humorístico]
- He was from a humble social background, raised either in a village or an orphanage.
- These official inscriptions were produced in substantial quantities, in contrast to the small number of inscriptions produced by more humble social groups.
- The party's rise also provided an opportunity for people of humble social origins to enter politics.
- They then proceeded to torch the humble dwellings of the farm workers, presumably to ensure that they would not try to return to the village.
- Even though my dwelling is both humble and modest I still find the quarterly levy feels like more than I can afford.
- Despite their humble beginnings, they are an internationally recognised and respected organisation.
Example sentences1.3 (deferential) [apology/request] humilde eat 1 1
- He's so humble and modest; I'm someone who literally brags when he goes to the gym, so it's pretty cool to come across such selflessness.
- Can you be stinking rich and love yourself and be proud of yourself and yet be humble and modest as well?
- These executives and managers are humble, fearless, modest, and willful with endless reserves of energy.
- All this was attended to in a professional and caring manner, whilst offering humble apologies for the state of the equipment they were forced to endure.
- At that point, offer your humble apologies and cancel the message.
- In my humble opinion, a beard can perform double duty as being a source of comfort and enjoyment, as well as looking sharp.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1.1 (make humble) [person] darle* una lección de humildad a he must humble himself before God debe acercarse a Dios con humildad a humbling experience una lección de humildad 1.2 (humiliate) humillar
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Havana, Cuba has three daily newspapers. The best known is Granma(www.granma.cubaweb.cu), official newspaper of the Cuban Communist Party. Trabajadores is published by the Cuban trade union movement, and the more lively Juventud Rebelde is aimed at a younger readership.