Traducción de image en español:
- 1 countable/numerable 1.1 (picture) imagen (feminine) image processor procesador (masculine) de imágenesExample sentences1.2 (mental picture) imagen (feminine) the image most people have of the French la imagen que la mayoría de la gente tiene de los franceses I had a sudden image of you leaving de repente te vi yéndote
- Abstract paintings abandon images of the external world, speaking instead directly to people's internal thought processes.
- The ‘Groundview’ series of paintings uses different images to represent the ground as space.
- Like the sculpture, the images represent a very naive viewpoint in the art world.
- The brain requires practice at forming those mental images in order to absorb increasingly complex or abstract ideas in later life.
- More than any other, there is deconstructionism, according to which the images and ideas that constitute culture are deconstructed.
- His mental image is not a representation of a tree.
- 2 uncountable/no numerable (public persona) imagen (feminine) to change one's image cambiar de imagen corporate image imagen corporativa or de empresa (before noun/delante del nombre) image builder o maker creador, (masculine, feminine) de imagen image building creación (feminine) de imagen image consultant asesor, (masculine, feminine) de imagenExample sentences
- The entry points to the open space will be well defined with landscape elements and will be treated in such a manner as to present an image of public space.
- I smiled a lot and presented an image to the public that all was fine.
- There have been attempts to present a more open image to the public.
- 3 (no plural/sin plural) 3.1 (likeness) imagen (feminine) God created man in his own image Dios creó al hombre a su imagen y semejanza to be the spitting image o spit and image of sb ser* la viva imagen or el vivo retrato de algn, ser* idéntico a algn 3.2 (embodiment) viva imagen (feminine), personificación (feminine) they looked the image of happiness eran la viva imagen de la felicidadExample sentences
- They want to spoil the divine likeness of man made in the image of God.
- His is the pure logic of fiction, shaping a world in the image of the art that depicts it.
- In the 1980s the two institutions launched a crusade to remake the world in the image of the free market.
- 4 countable/numerable [Literat] imagen (feminine)Example sentences
- I listened for recurring images, words, metaphors, and contradictions in the narrative.
- In other words, for all the images and metaphors music often presents us with, an album cover is its tangible embodiment.
- Evidently, only the images and metaphors of fiction could do justice to the welter of searing impressions.
- 5 countable/numerable (statue) imagen (feminine)Example sentences
- Mystics throughout the ages have understood how the holy fire burns away the superficial images and idols we erect.
- While the church saw the importance of art as a method of instruction, it also faced a biblical injunction against images.
- I also don't know of any religion that has no idol or image of its God.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1 (make image of) representar
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Mexican politics, a prospective party candidate for the presidency is called a tapado. Candidates traditionally emerge from within the party but their identity is not revealed until the candidate is officially declared: they remain tapados (hidden), thus arousing a great deal of speculation. Under the rule of the