Traducción de image en español:
- 1 countable 1.1 (picture) image processorprocesador (masculine) de imágenesOraciones de ejemplo1.2 (mental picture) the image most people have of the French
la imagen que la mayoría de la gente tiene de los francesesI had a sudden image of you leavingde repente te vi yéndoteOraciones de ejemplo
- Abstract paintings abandon images of the external world, speaking instead directly to people's internal thought processes.
- The ‘Groundview’ series of paintings uses different images to represent the ground as space.
- Like the sculpture, the images represent a very naive viewpoint in the art world.
- The brain requires practice at forming those mental images in order to absorb increasingly complex or abstract ideas in later life.
- More than any other, there is deconstructionism, according to which the images and ideas that constitute culture are deconstructed.
- His mental image is not a representation of a tree.
- 2 uncountable (public persona) to change one's imagecambiar de imagencorporate imageimagen corporativa or de empresa(before noun) image builder o maker image buildingcreación (feminine) de imagenimage consultantOraciones de ejemplo
- The entry points to the open space will be well defined with landscape elements and will be treated in such a manner as to present an image of public space.
- I smiled a lot and presented an image to the public that all was fine.
- There have been attempts to present a more open image to the public.
- 3 (no plural) 3.1 (likeness) God created man in his own image to be the spitting image o spit and image of somebodyser la viva imagen or el vivo retrato de alguien
ser idéntico a alguienOraciones de ejemplo3.2 (embodiment)
viva imagen (feminine)they looked the image of happiness
- They want to spoil the divine likeness of man made in the image of God.
- His is the pure logic of fiction, shaping a world in the image of the art that depicts it.
- In the 1980s the two institutions launched a crusade to remake the world in the image of the free market.
personificación (feminine)eran la viva imagen de la felicidad
- 4 countable (Literature)Oraciones de ejemplo
- I listened for recurring images, words, metaphors, and contradictions in the narrative.
- In other words, for all the images and metaphors music often presents us with, an album cover is its tangible embodiment.
- Evidently, only the images and metaphors of fiction could do justice to the welter of searing impressions.
- 5 countable (statue)Oraciones de ejemplo
- Mystics throughout the ages have understood how the holy fire burns away the superficial images and idols we erect.
- While the church saw the importance of art as a method of instruction, it also faced a biblical injunction against images.
- I also don't know of any religion that has no idol or image of its God.
- 1 (make image of)Oraciones de ejemplo
- We question the motivations of those who make the images, while the real people imaged in these photographs die unacknowledged.
- He might have pointed out, for example, that one reason why Yahweh is not to be imaged is that the only depiction of Him is provided by human beings.
- The female body imaged in the film is not abstract, generalised or idealised.
- 2 (form mental image of)hacerse una imagen mental deOraciones de ejemplo
- In fact, when I was in prison I taught a class on how to stop smoking and we had people imaging themselves smoke free, you know.
- Presumably this is the lexicographic inspiration for the Star Trek species the Ferengi, though the person who imaged the Ferengi language here was certainly not patterning it on French, ancient or modern.
- Many people image that the era of the Open Range in the American West was the era of the small rancher.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda