Traducción de image en español:
- 1 countable/numerable 1.1 (picture) imagen (feminine) image processor procesador (masculine) de imágenesOraciones de ejemplo1.2 (mental picture) imagen (feminine) the image most people have of the French la imagen que la mayoría de la gente tiene de los franceses I had a sudden image of you leaving de repente te vi yéndote
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Abstract paintings abandon images of the external world, speaking instead directly to people's internal thought processes.
- The ‘Groundview’ series of paintings uses different images to represent the ground as space.
- Like the sculpture, the images represent a very naive viewpoint in the art world.
- The brain requires practice at forming those mental images in order to absorb increasingly complex or abstract ideas in later life.
- More than any other, there is deconstructionism, according to which the images and ideas that constitute culture are deconstructed.
- His mental image is not a representation of a tree.
- 2 uncountable/no numerable (public persona) imagen (feminine) to change one's image cambiar de imagen corporate image imagen corporativa or de empresa (before noun/delante del nombre) image builder o maker creador, (masculine, feminine) de imagen image building creación (feminine) de imagen image consultant asesor, (masculine, feminine) de imagenOraciones de ejemplo
- The entry points to the open space will be well defined with landscape elements and will be treated in such a manner as to present an image of public space.
- I smiled a lot and presented an image to the public that all was fine.
- There have been attempts to present a more open image to the public.
- 3 (no plural/sin plural) 3.1 (likeness) imagen (feminine) God created man in his own image Dios creó al hombre a su imagen y semejanza to be the spitting image o spit and image of sb ser* la viva imagen or el vivo retrato de algn, ser* idéntico a algn 3.2 (embodiment) viva imagen (feminine), personificación (feminine) they looked the image of happiness eran la viva imagen de la felicidadOraciones de ejemplo
- They want to spoil the divine likeness of man made in the image of God.
- His is the pure logic of fiction, shaping a world in the image of the art that depicts it.
- In the 1980s the two institutions launched a crusade to remake the world in the image of the free market.
- 4 countable/numerable [Literat] imagen (feminine)Oraciones de ejemplo
- I listened for recurring images, words, metaphors, and contradictions in the narrative.
- In other words, for all the images and metaphors music often presents us with, an album cover is its tangible embodiment.
- Evidently, only the images and metaphors of fiction could do justice to the welter of searing impressions.
- 5 countable/numerable (statue) imagen (feminine)Oraciones de ejemplo
- Mystics throughout the ages have understood how the holy fire burns away the superficial images and idols we erect.
- While the church saw the importance of art as a method of instruction, it also faced a biblical injunction against images.
- I also don't know of any religion that has no idol or image of its God.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1 (make image of) representar
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Malasia
Muy popular en India
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Radio broadcasting in Spain began in the 1920s. The state-run Radio Nacional de España (RNE) was established during the Civil War. There are many private radio stations and they compete fiercely. Radio personalities are paid huge salaries, out of which they employ the staff for their programs.