transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1.1 (with air, gas) [dinghy/airbed/balloon] inflar, hinchar (Spain/España)Más ejemplos en oraciones1.2 (increase) [figures/prices/economy] inflar; [reputation] exagerar to inflate someone's ego alimentarle el ego a algn
- At launch, the balloon is partially inflated with helium and expands as it rises.
- If the balloon stays partially inflated, it can act as a sail and drag Fossett's closet-sized capsule for miles.
- A few pebbles from my drive in a party balloon partially inflated with water served the purpose.
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- [balloon/dinghy] inflarse, hincharse (Spain/España)Más ejemplos en oraciones
- About 10 minutes later, small air pockets throughout the mattress begin inflating and deflating to produce a gentle rocking motion.
- They inflate differently and behave differently, and once blown up, they can't be deflated for storage or re-used.
- Compressed air is blown into an opening and the two sheets inflate.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Guernica is a Basque town destroyed by German bombers fighting on the Nationalist side in the Spanish Civil War in April 1937.