Traducción de inflate en español:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1.1 (with air, gas) [dinghy/airbed/balloon] inflar, hinchar (Spain/España)Example sentences1.2 (increase) [figures/prices/economy] inflar; [reputation] exagerar to inflate someone's ego alimentarle el ego a algn
- At launch, the balloon is partially inflated with helium and expands as it rises.
- If the balloon stays partially inflated, it can act as a sail and drag Fossett's closet-sized capsule for miles.
- A few pebbles from my drive in a party balloon partially inflated with water served the purpose.
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- [balloon/dinghy] inflarse, hincharse (Spain/España)Example sentences
- About 10 minutes later, small air pockets throughout the mattress begin inflating and deflating to produce a gentle rocking motion.
- They inflate differently and behave differently, and once blown up, they can't be deflated for storage or re-used.
- Compressed air is blown into an opening and the two sheets inflate.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Buscar otros recursos lingüísticos
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...