Traducción de inflict en español:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- [pain/damage] causar, ocasionar, inferir* [formal]; [punishment] imponer*, aplicar*, infligir*to inflict sth
onsb/sth the suffering which he inflicted on his family el sufrimiento que le causó or ocasionó or [formal] infirió a su familia he would never forgive the indignities inflicted on him nunca perdonaría las vejaciones de las que había sido objeto or que le habían infligido we didn't expect to inflict such an overwhelming defeat on them no esperábamos infligirles una derrota tan aplastante heavy penalties were inflicted on them se les aplicaron or se les impusieron penas severas she inflicted her company on us nos impuso su presencia, se nos pegó [colloquial/familiar]Example sentences
- Its whip-like tail can drive a tail spine into an intruder and inflict a painful wound.
- It inflicts a painful sting that is sometimes deadly to humans, as well as to young, unprotected livestock and wildlife.
- Both the Greater Weever and the Lesser Weever are capable of inflicting a sharp and painful sting from the spiny rays of the first dorsal fin.
- We've tried everything to help him deal with his issues, to get him to talk and to make him realize that the way he inflicts his rage on those around him is totally unacceptable.
- But globalisation inflicts insecurities on many whose cultures are put on the defensive and whose civilisations, after ages of little change, are compelled to adapt to outside influences.
- At one level, this is certainly the case: the loss of a top operative inevitably inflicts some damage on the operational capabilities of an organisation.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The Premios Goya del cine español is the Spanish equivalent of Oscars, awarded in January every year by the AACC (Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Cinematográficas de España). The winners receive a bust of the painter Goya.