Traducción de inflict en español:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- [pain/damage] causar, ocasionar, inferir* [formal]; [punishment] imponer*, aplicar*, infligir*to inflict sth
onsb/sth the suffering which he inflicted on his family el sufrimiento que le causó or ocasionó or [formal] infirió a su familia he would never forgive the indignities inflicted on him nunca perdonaría las vejaciones de las que había sido objeto or que le habían infligido we didn't expect to inflict such an overwhelming defeat on them no esperábamos infligirles una derrota tan aplastante heavy penalties were inflicted on them se les aplicaron or se les impusieron penas severas she inflicted her company on us nos impuso su presencia, se nos pegó [colloquial/familiar]Example sentences
- Its whip-like tail can drive a tail spine into an intruder and inflict a painful wound.
- It inflicts a painful sting that is sometimes deadly to humans, as well as to young, unprotected livestock and wildlife.
- Both the Greater Weever and the Lesser Weever are capable of inflicting a sharp and painful sting from the spiny rays of the first dorsal fin.
- We've tried everything to help him deal with his issues, to get him to talk and to make him realize that the way he inflicts his rage on those around him is totally unacceptable.
- But globalisation inflicts insecurities on many whose cultures are put on the defensive and whose civilisations, after ages of little change, are compelled to adapt to outside influences.
- At one level, this is certainly the case: the loss of a top operative inevitably inflicts some damage on the operational capabilities of an organisation.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Bonoloto is a Spanish state lottery established in 1988. The others are the Lotería Nacional and the Lotería Primitiva. As with the Lotería Primitiva six numbers are marked on a ticket showing forty-nine numbers and win the main prize if all the numbers come up in the draw.