Traducción de intent en español:
- 1 (determined) (predicative) to be intent
onsomething/ -ingestar decidido or resueltoshe was intent on success or on succeeding a+ infinitiveestaba decidida or resuelta a triunfar
se había propuesto triunfarOraciones de ejemplo
- Chip's face was firm and Kim could tell he was intent on keeping himself above water.
- He also warned their opposition could backfire because he was now intent on deregulating the restaurant sector.
- He said he was intent on protecting direct payments to Ireland which were worth 2 billion euro annually.
- 2 (attentive, concentrated)(expression)to be intent
de viva atención
onsomethingestar abstraído or concentrado enalgoOraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo
- He was very intent on this task, as if he fancied himself a latter-day St. Francis.
- Mr McCall said the management was still ‘more intent on imposition than negotiation’.
- But the women take no notice of their admirers, so intent are they on their own conversation.
- She has an unsettling intent look, and seems to see things the people around her don't.
- I was preoccupied with this useless energy when a huge man approached with an intent look on his face.
- Danny looked up to see Cameron at the door, leaning back against it with an intent look in his eyes.
noununcountable and countable
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda