Traducción de intent en español:
- 1.1 (determined) (predicative/predicativo) to be intent
onsth/ -ingestar* decidido or resuelto a+ infinitive/infinitivoshe was intent on success o on succeeding estaba decidida or resuelta a triunfar, se había propuesto triunfarExample sentences1.2 (attentive, concentrated) [expression] de viva atención, concentrado; [look/stare] penetrante, fijo to be intent
- Chip's face was firm and Kim could tell he was intent on keeping himself above water.
- He also warned their opposition could backfire because he was now intent on deregulating the restaurant sector.
- He said he was intent on protecting direct payments to Ireland which were worth 2 billion euro annually.
onsth estar* abstraído or concentrado enalgoExample sentences
- He was very intent on this task, as if he fancied himself a latter-day St. Francis.
- Mr McCall said the management was still ‘more intent on imposition than negotiation’.
- But the women take no notice of their admirers, so intent are they on their own conversation.
- She has an unsettling intent look, and seems to see things the people around her don't.
- I was preoccupied with this useless energy when a huge man approached with an intent look on his face.
- Danny looked up to see Cameron at the door, leaning back against it with an intent look in his eyes.
noun/nombreu and c
- propósito (masculine), intención (feminine) a declaration/letter of intent una declaración/carta de intenciones with evil/good intent [formal] con malos/buenos propósitos, con malas/buenas intenciones with intent to +
infinitive/infinitivo[formal], con el objeto or el propósito de + infinitive/infinitivo[formal] to all intents and purposes a efectos prácticos
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The current Spanish Constitution (Constitución Española) was approved in the