- 1.1 (determined) (predicative/predicativo) to be intent
onsth/ -ingestar* decidido or resuelto a+ infinitive/infinitivoshe was intent on success o on succeeding estaba decidida or resuelta a triunfar, se había propuesto triunfarMás ejemplos en oraciones1.2 (attentive, concentrated) [expression] de viva atención, concentrado; [look/stare] penetrante, fijo to be intent
- Chip's face was firm and Kim could tell he was intent on keeping himself above water.
- He also warned their opposition could backfire because he was now intent on deregulating the restaurant sector.
- He said he was intent on protecting direct payments to Ireland which were worth 2 billion euro annually.
onsth estar* abstraído or concentrado enalgoMás ejemplos en oraciones
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- He was very intent on this task, as if he fancied himself a latter-day St. Francis.
- Mr McCall said the management was still ‘more intent on imposition than negotiation’.
- But the women take no notice of their admirers, so intent are they on their own conversation.
- She has an unsettling intent look, and seems to see things the people around her don't.
- I was preoccupied with this useless energy when a huge man approached with an intent look on his face.
- Danny looked up to see Cameron at the door, leaning back against it with an intent look in his eyes.
noun/nombreu and c
- propósito (masculine), intención (feminine) a declaration/letter of intent una declaración/carta de intenciones with evil/good intent [formal] con malos/buenos propósitos, con malas/buenas intenciones with intent to +
infinitive/infinitivo[formal], con el objeto or el propósito de + infinitive/infinitivo[formal] to all intents and purposes a efectos prácticos
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Spain, a ración is a serving of food eaten in a bar or cafe, generally with a drink. Friends or relatives meet in a bar or cafe, order a number of raciones, and share them.