- 1 1.1 (use as authority) [principle/precedent] invocar* 1.2 (call into use) [rule/law] invocar*, acogerse* aMás ejemplos en oraciones
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Back then the same arguments were used to invoke the people to vote, the same grim scenario of a hardliner-dominated regime who would stifle all the progress made were told and retold again and again.
- Many of the lefty bloggers have lately been pursuing one of their persuasion's favourite follies: selecting a congenial conclusion and then invoking spurious science to support it.
- The philosophy of ‘naturalism’ is imposed upon the evidence so that the authority of science is invoked for a secular view of the world.
- The only possible operation is to read data when Read-Only Mode is invoked.
- Can I use a Java application instead of a JSP (JavaServer Page) to invoke a servlet on an application server?
- This article describes the steps to change the default image editor application, which is invoked from the Windows Picture and Fax Viewer.
- 2 (call up) [devil/spirits] invocar*, conjurarMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Aladdin's nemesis, Jafar, has long since been despatched to the after-life, but his evil sister Nasira has found a way to bring back the dastardly villain by invoking the ‘spell of restoration’.
- A bearded sorcerer is busy invoking spirits with his incantation, his glazed eyes staring into the distance and all aglow in the dark.
- Then a grand puja is performed invoking the spirit of Pancha Ganapati in the home.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Today is Fiesta de Santiago (St James' Day). The famous Camino de Santiago, the pilgrimage of thousands of people from all over Spain and many other parts of Europe to the holy city of Santiago de Compostela, takes place in the week leading up to St James' Day, 25 July. The city also has its fiestas around this time. The streets are full of musicians and performers for two weeks of celebrations culminating in the Festival del Apóstol.