Traducción de ivory en español:
noun/nombre (plural -ries)
- 1.1 (material) marfil (masculine) she collects ivory colecciona objetos de marfil to tickle the ivories [slang/argot] [dated/anticuado] tocar* el pianoExample sentences1.2 (color) (color (masculine)) marfil (masculine)
- South Africa and Namibia seek amendments to regulations on trade in ivory from elephant tusks which CITES banned in 1989.
- Back then they were taking ivory from elephants and walruses.
- Rather than being carved in elephant ivory, they have been made from a walrus tusk, a material commonly used in northern Europe for such objects at this time.
- Olivia wore an ivory satin and net dress and carried a hand-tied bouquet of burgundy calla lilies.
- The walls were a soft ivory and the ceiling was artistic, like those in Italian churches.
- Softness emerged in flou with various artsy embroideries, and in a divine dress made from rows of frayed silk in ivory, brown and aqua.
- [paint/table] de color marfil; [skin] marfil (invariable adjective/adjetivo invariable)
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Spain, a school that is privately owned but receives a government grant is called a colegio concertado. Parents pay monthly fees, but not as much as in a