Traducción de joint en español:
- 1 (Anatomy) his shoulder was out of jointtenía el hombro dislocadothe blow put her elbow out of jointse le dislocó el codo con el golpe→ nose 1 1Oraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The soft tissue structures around the joint play a vital role in the stability of the shoulder.
- The shoulder is a ball and socket joint and the most mobile joint in the human body.
- Her right leg is wasted and her knee joint is swollen, shiny and huge in comparison to the other.
- You want to be able to get the distal joint of your trigger finger onto the trigger.
- Cut at an angle to create shapes the length of the first joint of your index finger.
- 2 (Building) 2.1 (point of joining)Oraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo2.2 (part that joins)
- After old caulk is removed, new caulk can then be applied to all joints in the window frame and the joint between the frame and the wall.
- Or, you can seal the joint with duct tape placed lengthwise all along the seams and end joints.
- For outdoor use, most manufacturers recommend that the joints be sealed with a non-acidic silicone glue.
- Thanks to a new joint and crossbar arrangement for the car's load-bearing structure, the bodyshell stiffness is increased by 25 percent over its predecessor.
- He soon knew every inch of the 1400 parts of the bridge and spent years filing the multitude of dovetail joints which hold the construction together.
- 3 (Cooking)a joint of lamb/porkun trozo de cordero/cerdo (para asar)the Sunday jointel asado del domingoOraciones de ejemplo
- Jane was in the kitchen cooking a joint of beef ready for when Daddy got home.
- For me, an ideal meal would be a joint of lamb cooked in the Aga at home, with plenty of fresh vegetables from my garden.
- It's Christmas, the joint of beef is on trial, and you are about to make the best gravy of your life.
- 4 (place) [colloquial]this is a crummy jointesto es un antro or un tugurio de mala muerte [colloquial]don't wreck the joint!¡no hagan destrozos!nice joint you've got here
¡no me tiren la casa ( or el bar etc. ) abajo!no está mal tu casa ( or apartamento etc. )Oraciones de ejemplo
- As the number of entertainment joints in the resort has skyrocketed in the last three years, punters are increasingly choosy.
- But such attention to detail seemed to clash with a laminated menu, which made me think of tacky burger joints and sad little cafes.
- Bloggers are blessedly uninfected by the musty Establishmentarian Air that permeates joints like Elaine's.
- 5 (of marijuana) [colloquial]porro (masculine) [slang]churro (masculine) (Central America) [colloquial]canuto (masculine) (Spain) [slang]toque (masculine) (Mexico) [slang]varillo (masculine) (Colombia) [slang]pito (masculine) (Chile) [slang]Oraciones de ejemplo
- Many of the anti-dope medical trials have been totally flawed because they focused on people smoking cannabis joints containing tobacco.
- Here a man was sent to jail for possessing enough cannabis to make 2 joints.
- I felt the best thing to do would be to learn to roll joints, and buy my own cannabis.
- 6the joint (prison) (US) [colloquial]la cárcella chirona (feminine) (Spain) [colloquial]el bote (Mexico) (Venezuela) [colloquial]la cana (South America) [colloquial]la guandoca (Colombia) [colloquial]
adjective before noun
- 1(action/decision/initiative)they are joint heirs
conjuntoson coherederosjoint first prizeprimer premio compartidoit was a joint effortfue un trabajo de equipo or realizado en conjuntothey came joint secondllegaron juntos en segundo lugarjoint author joint committee joint interest joint owner joint partnerco-socio (-cia) (masculine, feminine)Oraciones de ejemplo
- The joint statement specifically named Taiwan as a mutual security concern for the first time.
- Make joint custody a reality instead of a meaningless scrap of paper.
- Mr. Ladisa seeks an order for joint custody of all three of his children.
cortar en trozos
cortar en presas (esp Latin America)(lamb)
descuartizarOraciones de ejemplo
- The jointed body was pinned to itself in a sort of fold.
- Having found a butcher to joint it we started to skin it but we then discovered its problems - a missing front foot and a stinking gangrenous shoulder.
- If cattle are removed at jointing, there will be very little yield loss.
ensamblarOraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Other dolls, Lily and Jane, made in Germany, had jointed arms and legs, eyelashes, eyes that opened and shut and real hair.
- Made of 2in-thick slabs of precisely jointed oak, it spirals up, entirely self-supporting, without even a central pillar.
- The students rev faster as we thump across the unevenly jointed highway.
- Be certain that the edges are properly jointed with no space between the boards.
- As I set about planing, jointing, gluing and sanding the pieces, I also began a creative argument with the wood.
- The timbers are often cut and dressed by hand, jointed and interlocked in the traditional way, and fastened throughout with wood pegs.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda