- 1.1 (meeting point — of roads, rails) cruce (masculine), empalme (masculine), entronque (masculine) (Mexico/México) ; (— of rivers) confluencia (feminine) turn left at the junction of Route 21 and Route 30 doble a la izquierda en el cruce or la intersección de las rutas 21 y 30 leave the motorway at junction 13 (British English/inglés británico) deje la autopista en la salida número 13Más ejemplos en oraciones
Más ejemplos en oraciones1.2 [Electricity/Electricidad] empalme (masculine)
- The cells were surrounded by a basal lamina and joined by primitive junctions.
- Adjacent cells are joined together at the junction of oppositely oriented elevations which have a small spine at the tip.
- Immediately beyond is a junction with another stream joining from the left from Wisdom Tooth Passage.
Más ejemplos en oraciones1.3 (joining) [formal] unión (feminine)
- A further measure to enhance road safety in this area would be to extend the double yellow lines from the junction of Manor Road down to High Fold Lane.
- Bikes have their own lanes, traffic lights at junctions and dedicated road signs.
- Work is already underway on the site of the former Railway pub at the junction of Leigh Road and Lovers Lane at Howe Bridge.
- This quantum mechanical tunneling process is an important mechanism for thin barriers such as those in metal-semiconductor junctions on highly-doped semiconductors.
- These junctions can be made atomically sharp and defect free, allowing for the production of high performance electronics integrated within each single nanostructure.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Today is the día de todos los santos, a day celebrated in many countries by honoring saints and, often, the departed. During this festival, Spanish people place flowers on the graves of loved ones.