- 1 1.1 [sweater] (by hand) hacer*, tejer; (with machine) tejer, tricotar (Spain/España) knit one, purl one uno (al) derecho, uno (al) revés knit two together tejer or (Spain/España) coger* dos puntos juntos she can knit you up a scarf in a day te puede hacer or tejer una bufanda en un día 1.2(knitted o (AmE esp) , knit past participle of/participio pasado de)[jacket/cuffs] de punto, tejido
- 2 2.1
knit (together)(join, unite) [bones] soldar* they are a tightly knit family son or es una familia muy unida 2.2to knit one's brows fruncir* el ceñoMás ejemplos en oraciones
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- We are very fortunate to have a group of staff who knit together as a team and excel in what they do.
- Europe, viciously divided against itself for centuries, has knit together into a democratic and civil society.
- Small-leaved plants that tolerate close clipping will quickly knit together to form a seamless hedge.
- He was taken to York District Hospital, where surgeons operated the next day, inserting a pin in the tibia to help knit the bones together.
- He went for a final scan and it was all clear and the bone has knitted perfectly.
- For the first 12 weeks I lay in bed at home in a morphine-induced haze as my bones slowly knitted.
- 1.1 (by hand) tejer, hacer* punto or calceta (Spain/España) ; (with machine) tejer, tricotar (Spain/España) 1.2
knit (together)(join) [bones] soldarse* 1.3his brows knitted in a frown frunció el ceñoMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Members of the cooperative spin and dye wool, knit sweaters, and also make ceramic crafts.
- In the evenings, my mother read to us, and we knitted socks and sweaters for my dad in the army, and listened to the radio.
- In her spare time, she knitted socks and jumpers.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The CAP (Curso de Adaptación Pedagógica) is a course taken in Spain by graduates with degrees in subjects other than education, who want to teach at secondary level. Students take a CAP in a particular subject, such as mathematics, literature, etc.