Traducción de knot en español:
- 1 1.1 (in string, tie, hair) to tie/untie a knothacer/deshacer un nudoto put o tie a knot in one's handkerchiefhacer un nudo en el pañuelo (para no olvidarse de algo)pull the knot tightaprieta bien el nudoI can't get the knots out of my hairno logro desenredarme el pelothe marriage knotel lazo or vínculo matrimonialI had a knot in my stomachtenía un nudo en el estómagoto tie somebody up in knotsenredar or liar a alguiento tie the knot [colloquial]casarsewhen are you tying the knot?¿para cuándo es el casorio? [colloquial]Oraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo
- He tightened the knot on his tie and brushed an imagined piece of lint off his uniform jacket.
- It is a good idea to tie knots in the rope or cloth about 1 ft. apart, this will provide a more secure climbing surface.
- It is simple enough to tie a knot in a piece of string.
Oraciones de ejemplo1.2 (in muscles)
- The construction of fishing nets is similar to that of recent years and it is only necessary to master the use of only two knots: the clove-hitch and the sheet-bend.
- Rebecca came and stood behind him watching with great pleasure as he mastered the perfect knot.
- For attaching your leader to fly line, my advice is use the simple nail knot.
Oraciones de ejemplo1.3 (in wood, tree)
- Her hair was tangled in knots, she was pale, and her eyes were bloodshot.
- This braid is a lot more difficult to accomplish if your hair has tangles or knots.
- His brown hair was an unruly mass of tangles and knots.
Oraciones de ejemplo1.4 (cluster) a knot of people
- I smacked my arm into a doorknob really hard, and there's a knot in the muscle of the forearm now.
- Then his hands began to work into Jake's muscles gently and slowly working out knots and tension.
- From a seated position, curl one dumbbell up, feeling the muscles in your arm bunch up in a strong, searing knot as you reach the top and pause.
un puñado de personasOraciones de ejemplo
- Longitudinal sections of tree trunks contain knots that preserve the history of branching and can be used to interpret stand dynamics.
- The casket was made from boards with no knots from an evergreen tree.
- Daniel ran a hand through his hair and stared at the cedar desk, absently tracing a knot in the wood with his finger.
- Back in the pub, a knot of Scots to the side of the big screen became as bored as the English fans with a less-than-exciting match.
- A knot of people gathered in Main Street to watch the waters slowly begin to rise again.
- After a short time they came across a knot of people gathered outside a church.
- 2 (measure of speed) at a rate of knots (British English) [colloquial]Oraciones de ejemplo
- The area had been hit by heavy rainstorms with wind speeds of about 10 knots per hour, which had caused the sea level to rise by about 1.5 meters.
- Winds of 76 knots or 140 kph were recorded at the Naval Weather and Oceanography Centre on the Sunday afternoon.
- There had been a storm warning at 1.15 p.m., with the wind speed touching 50 knots and the waves rising up to 25 feet.
transitive verb -tt-
- (rope/thread)to knot two things together
hacer un nudo enanudar dos cosasOraciones de ejemplo
- It would make a big difference if people would just followed simple steps such as putting all rubbish in a black bin bag, which should be knotted to prevent any overspill.
- He had been strangled with a piece of a T-shirt which had been knotted at the back of his neck.
- Investigators also found some ties that had been knotted together and believe Yu had intended to use them as a rope before deciding to use electrical cord instead.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda