nuncountable or countable/no numerable o numerable
- 1.1 (varnish) laca (feminine) 1.2 (for nails) esmalte (masculine) de uñasMás ejemplos en oraciones1.3
(hair lacquer)laca (f) or fijador (m) (para el pelo)
- Finish highly detailed natural and stained wood with spray lacquer, shellac or polyurethane.
- Floors finished with lacquer or shellac are nearly impossible to repair successfully.
- A primer is then applied to fill in any small holes, followed by a coat of paint and another layer of protective lacquer until the alloys are almost as good as new.
Bullfighting is popular in Spain and in Mexico, Colombia, Peru, and Venezuela. For some Spaniards it is crucial to Spanish identity. The season runs from March to October in Spain, from November to March in Latin America.
- [wood/surface] laquear, lacar* to lacquer one's nails pintarse las uñas to lacquer one's hair ponerse* laca or fijador en el peloMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Most aluminum used in visible parts of appliances is lacquered or otherwise coated, anodized or painted.
- French and English furniture and Japanese lacquered cabinets grace the room.
- Despite it's name it actually feels more like a New York bar as they've wisely avoided the usual spread of overly lacquered replica oriental furniture.