- 1 [Zoology/Zoología] alondra (feminine) to be up o rise with the lark levantarse al cantar el gallo, levantarse de madrugada happy 1 1Más ejemplos en oraciones
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In addition to communicating through song, larks will raise the crest of feathers in their head during agonistic and courtship displays.
- For example, several lineages typically excluded from the nine-primaried oscines do have nine functional primaries per wing (e.g. larks and wagtails).
- While I was out in the desert I watched a crested lark hovering about 100 feet off the ground singing its heart out.
- Many, in times past, closely observed the movements of the bog lark, a bird you don't see that much nowadays.
- And then, when I got there, still without seeing the meadow lark, there was a verdant patch of wild valerian basking in the sun and another corner with another patch of sunlight a little further on.
- Horned larks appear to come into the Hamlet to feed on grit and seeds.
- 2 (British English/inglés británico) [colloquial/familiar] 2.1 (bit of fun) (no plural/sin plural) what a lark ¡qué divertido!, ¡qué plato! (Latin America/América Latina) [colloquial/familiar], ¡qué cachondeo! (Spain/España) [colloquial/familiar], ¡qué relajo! (Mexico/México) [colloquial/familiar] they think that's a great lark se creen que eso es de lo más divertido to do sth for a lark hacer* algo por divertirse or de broma 2.2 (activity) I'm too old for this lark yo ya no estoy para estos trotes [colloquial/familiar] I'm fed up with this camping lark estoy harto de toda esta historia del camping [colloquial/familiar] blow o stuff this for a lark! [slang/argot] ¡ya estoy harto or hasta la coronilla de esto! [colloquial/familiar]Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The DVD comes in a huge box that's about twice the size of any DVD set you could name (overcompensating perhaps?) and it's got quite a few extras that might even entice prudes to buy it for a lark.
- At the now locked gates he meets twins Isabelle and Theo, who promptly invite him home to meet their parents for a lark.
- Apparently some of the stages will be near by (in Portmore), who knows, maybe I'll go and watch them for a lark.
Verbos con partícula
lark aboutlark around verb + adverb/verbo + adverbio
- [colloquial/familiar] hacer* el tonto, payasear (Latin America/América Latina) [colloquial/familiar]
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Basque autonomous police force is called Ertzaintza. Its members, called ertzainas, wear a uniform of red sweaters and berets, and white jackets. Despite the Ertzaintza's wide range of responsibilities, the Guardia Civil and Policía Nacional still operate in the Basque Country.