- 1 [Zool] alondra (f) to be up o rise with the lark levantarse al cantar el gallo, levantarse de madrugada happy 1 1Más ejemplos en oraciones
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In addition to communicating through song, larks will raise the crest of feathers in their head during agonistic and courtship displays.
- For example, several lineages typically excluded from the nine-primaried oscines do have nine functional primaries per wing (e.g. larks and wagtails).
- While I was out in the desert I watched a crested lark hovering about 100 feet off the ground singing its heart out.
- Many, in times past, closely observed the movements of the bog lark, a bird you don't see that much nowadays.
- And then, when I got there, still without seeing the meadow lark, there was a verdant patch of wild valerian basking in the sun and another corner with another patch of sunlight a little further on.
- Horned larks appear to come into the Hamlet to feed on grit and seeds.
- 2 (BrE) [colloquial/familiar] 2.1 (bit of fun) (no pl) what a lark ¡qué divertido!, ¡qué plato! (AmL) [familiar/colloquial], ¡qué cachondeo! (Esp) [familiar/colloquial], ¡qué relajo! (Méx) [familiar/colloquial] they think that's a great lark se creen que eso es de lo más divertido to do sth for a lark hacer* algo por divertirse or de broma 2.2 (activity) I'm too old for this lark yo ya no estoy para estos trotes [familiar/colloquial] I'm fed up with this camping lark estoy harto de toda esta historia del camping [familiar/colloquial] blow o stuff this for a lark! [slang/argot] ¡ya estoy harto or hasta la coronilla de esto! [familiar/colloquial]Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The DVD comes in a huge box that's about twice the size of any DVD set you could name (overcompensating perhaps?) and it's got quite a few extras that might even entice prudes to buy it for a lark.
- At the now locked gates he meets twins Isabelle and Theo, who promptly invite him home to meet their parents for a lark.
- Apparently some of the stages will be near by (in Portmore), who knows, maybe I'll go and watch them for a lark.
Verbos con partícula
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Santería is a religious cult, fusing African beliefs and Catholicism, which developed among African Yoruba slaves in Cuba. Followers believe both in a single supreme being and also in orishas, deities who each share an identity with a Christian saint and who combine a force of nature with human characteristics. Rituals involve music, dancing, sacrificial offerings, divination, and going into trances.