- (Zoology) to be up o rise with the larklevantarse al cantar el gallo→ happy 1 1
levantarse de madrugadaOraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo
- In addition to communicating through song, larks will raise the crest of feathers in their head during agonistic and courtship displays.
- For example, several lineages typically excluded from the nine-primaried oscines do have nine functional primaries per wing (e.g. larks and wagtails).
- While I was out in the desert I watched a crested lark hovering about 100 feet off the ground singing its heart out.
- Many, in times past, closely observed the movements of the bog lark, a bird you don't see that much nowadays.
- And then, when I got there, still without seeing the meadow lark, there was a verdant patch of wild valerian basking in the sun and another corner with another patch of sunlight a little further on.
- Horned larks appear to come into the Hamlet to feed on grit and seeds.
noun(British English) [colloquial]
- 1 (bit of fun) (no plural) what a lark¡qué divertido!they think that's a great lark
¡qué plato! (Latin America) [colloquial]
¡qué cachondeo! (Spain) [colloquial]
¡qué relajo! (Mexico) [colloquial]se creen que eso es de lo más divertidoto do something for a larkhacer algo por divertirse or de bromaOraciones de ejemplo
- The DVD comes in a huge box that's about twice the size of any DVD set you could name (overcompensating perhaps?) and it's got quite a few extras that might even entice prudes to buy it for a lark.
- At the now locked gates he meets twins Isabelle and Theo, who promptly invite him home to meet their parents for a lark.
- Apparently some of the stages will be near by (in Portmore), who knows, maybe I'll go and watch them for a lark.
- 2 (activity)I'm too old for this larkyo ya no estoy para estos trotes [colloquial]I'm fed up with this camping larkestoy harto de toda esta historia del camping [colloquial]blow o stuff this for a lark! [slang]¡ya estoy harto or hasta la coronilla de esto! [colloquial]Oraciones de ejemplo
- The consensus was that there had to be something in this astrology lark, and what did I know, I'm only an astronomy graduate.
- It's basically a working-class mindset, he said: ‘This showbiz lark can't last.’
- It all seems so simple from this perspective. I could get used to this evil genius lark.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda