Traducción de length en español:
- 1 uncountable 1.1(of sleeve, coat) largo (masculine)the curtains are the wrong lengthlas cortinas son demasiado largas/cortastwo pieces of equal o the same lengthdos pedazos de igual longitud or del mismo largothe hallway is 5m in lengthel pasillo mide or tiene 5 metros de largothe cable runs the length of the streetel cable va todo a lo largo de la callehe traveled the length and breadth of the countryviajó a lo largo y (a lo) ancho del paísthe beach is polluted along its entire lengthla playa está contaminada en toda su extensiónthe road was lined with policemen along its entire lengthhabía policías todo a lo largo de la carreterato go to great/any/enormous lengthshe went to great lengths to send me the moneyhizo todo lo posible para enviarme el dinerohe'd go to any lengths to get what he wantses capaz de hacer cualquier cosa con tal de obtener lo que se proponeshe went to enormous lengths to help usse desvivió por ayudarnoshe even went to the length(s) of hiring a private detectivellegó al extremo de contratar a un detective privadoto measure one's length [humorous]he measured his length on the floorOraciones de ejemplo
Oraciones de ejemplo1.2 (of book, list)
- Being around three to four inches in length they are also just the right size for tench fishing.
- Although seldom more than three inches in length, the hair may be cut to a quarter of an inch at the nape of the neck.
- The very biggest may have reached 40 metres in length and weighed close to 100 metric tons.
- Walking down to the legal precinct this morning the full two-block length of Hyde Park was beautiful.
- She was dressed in a long peachy pink dress that hugged her bust tightly, and was long and loose for the rest of the garment's length.
- 2 uncountable 2.1 (duration) after a considerable length of timedespués de mucho tiempoI like visiting New York, but I wouldn't want to live there for any length of timeme gusta visitar Nueva York, pero no me gustaría quedarme allí a vivirthe length of the showla duración del espectáculothe length of his absence
lo que dura el espectáculolo prolongado de su ausenciain a speech of great lengthen un largo or extenso discursohe slept throughout the length of the sermondurmió durante todo el sermónlength of serviceantigüedad (feminine) (en el trabajo)2.2 (of vowel) (Linguistics)Oraciones de ejemplo2.3at length
- As Navajo is a tone language, an error in tone or vowel length can be embarrassing to the listener.
- In our research, stress is treated as a function of syllable length.
por fin(for a long time) extensamente
por extenso(in detail) con detenimientoto talk at length
detenidamentehablar largo y tendido
- 3 countable (section)(of wood, pipe) trozo (masculine)to cut something into equal/short lengthscortar algo en trozos iguales/cortosa length of clothun corte de telaa dress length
una telaun corte de vestidoOraciones de ejemplo
- Maria carefully rolled the piece, winding a length of sticky tape around the tube, stowing it in her bag.
- Suddenly he was behind me, a length of white cord stretched tightly between his two hands.
- ‘You can still see pebbles in the stone,’ says Gerry, caressing the surface of a length of wall down by Kaleyard's Gate.
- 4 countable (Sport) 4.1 (in swimming) I swam o did 12 lengthsnadé or (me) hice 12 largosOraciones de ejemplo4.2
(in horse, dog racing) cuerpo (masculine)(in rowing) largo (masculine)Oraciones de ejemplo
- Splitting her time between homes in Knightsbridge and Gloucestershire, she swims her daily 30 lengths in a swimming pool fitted with underwater speakers.
- Keith Green, of Robin Close, Warminster is to swim 65 lengths of the Kingdown swimming pool in Warminster for MacMillan Cancer Relief.
- Two years ago, Kevin O'Donnell could barely swim 12 lengths of his local swimming pool and would drag himself totally exhausted from the water.
- The bay colt won a maiden race by seven lengths at Del Mar on August 17 in his second career start.
- They led the whole race finishing a boat length ahead of the Irish.
- As they moved through the middle of the race the Evers-Swindells had extended their lead to a boat length over Germany.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Ayuda gramatical y de uso para el español:
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda